Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 will not load Video Editor

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I recently installed Premiere Elements 2018 and up until this point it had been running smoothly, until this past Thursday when I exited out of the project and it popped up a message stating it was looking for solutions to the issue. I paid little mind to this as nothing else came up and the program closed normally afterward. After roughly a half hour passed I went to open the Video Editor and it will not load in, I click the tab and the little blue and white flashing bar just flows from left to right, like it is trying to load but will not. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but the issue persists.

I know that I have the correct specifications to run it, as I had been running the program perfectly and bought my Surface for Premiere Elements, knowing that it met and exceeded the requirements for the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Adam H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your question yesterday and several times today.  I don't understand enough to begin even guessing. 

What do you mean by "open the Video Editor"?  Do you mean a preview window inside Premiere Elements or Premiere Elements itself?  Can you directly open it from the .exe file?

Windows or Mac?

What is the "blue and white flashing bar that just flows"?  Can you post a screen shot?  (I'm on Windows and have never seen anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

Hello, the blue and white flashing bar was ill described honestly, it is the small bar beneath the Video Editor tab, showing that it is loading the application. The blue will run across the white of the white loading bar, it can be seen (motionless obviously) in the screen cap. This bar will run and run but never load the Editor. The screen cap also shows the menu that opens when I have initiated opening the Premiere Elements 2018 application. Before this happened this would load up, I would select "Video Editor" and after a few seconds the video editor would load in and I would be able to edit my videos.

No matter how I attempt to open the "video editor" it does not load, I can load in the organizer (the second tab in the screen cap.

Thank you for any advice that you can offer. I might just have to chat with Adobe to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to launch it directly and skip the Organizer. Look for "Adobe Premiere Elements 2018.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question made perfect sense.  You also said it's on your Surface so we know it's a Microsoft system.  The person replying apparently has never opened or worked in Photoshop Elements.

I am having the same problem with Elements 2018.  I downloaded months ago and all was well.  Now the organizer does not work and the Video editor does not work.  It asks if I want to buy it or install from a disk when I try to open it.  The photo editor still works fine.

Any solution to this?  I followed the link someone else posted saying they answered in another thread/forum but there is no answer there.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f1snob,

This topic already has two questions from two other people.  Yours is the third and it will become confusing.  It will not as likely get the attention is deserves.

Without knowing more, my first guess is that you should consider a complete uninstall/reinstall with your serial numbers.

Please consider two other choices:

1) Start a fresh topic so it gets more attention.

2) As a new version with an installation issue, Adobe provides a "Chat" system that can go as far as remotely controlling your computer to get it to run right.  Try this link:  Contact Customer Care

Good luck!  There is likely a solution.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My first time in forum.

Just bought Premiere Elements 2018. Organizer opens fines but Premiere Elements Video only opened once then after that - never.

It always starts to open - purplish screen with files loading fast - then closes, not to be seen!

I've tried going from "Create" and instant video, etc...same thing happens.

Mac Book Pro OS High Sierra 10.13.3

HELP - VERY FRUSTRATED

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I replied to your question in the other topic you wrote in. 

Please use that topic:  Premiere elements 14 won't load

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Yes, tried opening from finder/applications but Icon bounces in dock for 30

seconds then stops - not opened.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bill!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines