Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 will not save project

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

I just bought the latest Premiere and was eager to start a new project. And I very soon regret my purchase.

When I have finished and are pleased with my project, I'm trying to save my project (I´m using MacBook Pro 64 bit and I have 8GB memory) Premiere stops at 5 sec time remaining and 98% finished. This happens every time, no matter the size of my project. I thought that giving it time, it will finally save, but nothing happens. So what to do? I hope there are somebody out there who can help, and thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a gap on your project's timeline that has no video on it? That can glitch an output.

Also, go to the program's preferences and, on the General page, uncheck the option to use hardware acceleration.

Finally, make sure you do NOT have a stop marker at the end of your project's timeline.

Do these things change anything?

If not, we'll need more information about your project and your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

No gap in my timeline and no stop marker at the end of my timeline. I was aware of hardware acceleration, but I can´ t find it. Where exactly is it? (Sorry, it´ s been many years since my last Premier) 

My system is a MacBook Pro with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB memory and I'm trying to save my project on my TimeCapsule. I have chosen Devices - Computer - HD 1920x1080. Format MP4 H.264 with medium quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving in a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now found out that APE 2018 do not have the option to use hardware acceleration. I really can´ t figure out what the problem is here. Maybe I should ask Adobe for a refund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, getting a refund from Adobe is an option. Particularly if you are running one of the newer Mac OSs like Sierra or High Sierra, which don't seem to like Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responds. After numerous crashes and projects not saving, I have now asked Adobe for a full refund, and that was accepted. Obviously the lates Element Premier is not suitable for my latest Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines