• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 won't load past PlayerMediaCore.pm, then crashes

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Premiere Elements 2018 on other PCs, and I wanted to install it on my brand-new custom-built PC. However, it freezes on the splash screen at "Loading PlayerMediaCore.pm." I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit build 18219. I tried reinstalling Elements and restarting my PC, as well as manually installing the VS extension packages (C# redistributable 2017 x64 and x86) that failed to install.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're using a beta (non-final) operating system. That might be a factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as OP. My OS is not a prerelease version of Windows. It is a fully-patched (as of this week) copy of 1803.

Not sure, but the hang during launch of Premiere Elements might have begun after applying the latest cumulative OS update from Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you manually gone to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and ensured you have the latest drivers directly from your GPU manufacturer rather than trust Windows to supply it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A google search for "PlayerMediaCore.prm" produces a variety of rare and odd links to issues. 

There are a couple of things to try here:  Launch issues on Windows 10

It may work to download a fresh copy of the Premiere Elements installation files:  Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

If that doesn't work, you many want to initiate a "chat session" with Adobe:  Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines