• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Zoom Click reCenter Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I zoom in (magnification) to manually align an element (because you can't use the arrow keys to move objects!), the second I click on the element, the screen jumps to centered and I have to scroll back to get the elements in view again.  This is horribly painful and I have to think it's a bug as there is no reason anybody would ever desire this action.

Is there a way to stop it?

Thanks,

Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Prakash but I wasn't talking about zooming in that sense, I'm talking about Magnification - i.e. the size of the stage or whatever it's called in the UI where you zoom in to see if things are aligned like titles and boxes.

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not normal: reset preferences might help.

Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann, I will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried and it didn't work.  Just for clarity, I am using a Mac with PE2018. I open my project and move the play head to a point where I have some titles over my main video.  I right-click in the video (stage?) area and select Magnification > 150% then I use the scrollbars to move to where I can see my lower thirds title and then either click directly on the title in the stage or on the timeline and in either case the stage view resets to centered and I have to use the scrollbars again to bring the title back into view where it is now selected.

Thanks for the help

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

I've tried to copy your procedure.  It seems to me that it is working the way I would want.  Or, I don't understand what you expect.  Perhaps I don't see why you are trying to edit the title in 150% magnification. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill! Nice to chat again.  I have created a lower-thirds overlay with a few pieces.  Along the bottom of it, I have a bar with several small social media icons on it.  To line them up by eyeballing them, I zoom in first and then use the positioning values to adjust.  I can select the object first then zoom in but trying to select the next object or selecting the initial one after zooming in, it jumps the stage (term?) to centered and the objects are off the visible area so I have to re-position the view to see the icons again.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines