• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 Burns Unplayable Discs (Windows)

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new PC running Windows 10 and purchased Premiere Elements 2019 to run on it. So far, I have not been able to burn a playable video disc. My BluRay player gives the error "Cannot play this disc. The video format of the disc does not meet required video output format of this product. Disc purchased from abroad may not be playable."

I am burning to the same external optical drive that I used with my previous PC, which also ran Windows 10, but with Premiere Elements 14. I was always able to burn playable discs successfully using that drive, with DVD-R media.

When I use Premiere Elements 2019 to burn a disc, I notice some weird limitations to begin with. On the Export & Share screen, I choose DVD, and Type = Disc. The only format it offers is MPEG. The only resolutions it offers are SD 576 (720 x 576) and SD 480 (720 x 480). These seems like very low resolutions. Using Premiere Elements 14 on my old PC, it had options for higher resolution output.

What am I missing? Have disc burning options been reduced in Premiere Elements 2019, compared to Premiere Elements 14? Or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks for any suggestions.

Title was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Thanks, Steve and Shivangi. It was a good suggestion to try playing to DVD on my PC. What I discovered is that my new Windows 10 PC couldn’t play any DVDs at all (even commercially pre-recorded ones). The first part of the problem is that I was using Windows Media Player, which apparently was lobotomized recently so you can’t play DVDs with it unless you pay extra. The Dell techs installed a DVD player of their own, but it still couldn’t play any DVDs. They eventually fixed the problem by editi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to play the DVD on your computer?

Not all disc burners like home-burned DVDs. And some brands of DVDs work better than others.

If you can play the DVD on your computer, the problem isn't with Premiere Elements' transcoding.

Also, for what it's worth ALL DVDs are 720x480 (720x576 in Europe). Standard resolution. There is no such thing as a high-resolution DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joseph.f.morales,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you are burning DVD using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 and the burned DVD is giving you an error at the time of playback.

Also, for what it's worth ALL DVDs are 720x480 (720x576 in Europe). Standard resolution. There is no such thing as a high-resolution DVD.

I agree with @Steve Grisetti here.

• As he asked above, did you try playing the DVD on any other player like on your computer?
  • Also, it will be helpful if you can share the settings you chose to burn the DVD.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve and Shivangi. It was a good suggestion to try playing to DVD on my PC. What I discovered is that my new Windows 10 PC couldn’t play any DVDs at all (even commercially pre-recorded ones). The first part of the problem is that I was using Windows Media Player, which apparently was lobotomized recently so you can’t play DVDs with it unless you pay extra. The Dell techs installed a DVD player of their own, but it still couldn’t play any DVDs. They eventually fixed the problem by editing a registry key. There are a bunch of registry keys with the same name:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}. If I understand correctly, they modified the LowerFilters value for one of these keys. Now I am able to both burn and play DVDs. I was able to create a DVD with Adobe Premiere 2019 and play it using the Dell DVD player on my PC, and also using the BluRay player with my TV.

After that, I was confused by the lack of options when burning a DVD from Premiere 2019. Premiere 14 gave you choices between NTSC and PAL, and between Widescreen and Normal. Finally I found the article at https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/aspect-ratios-field-options.html, which explains that you now make these choices when you create the project, rather than when you burn the DVD. Based on that, I think I’m all set now.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having trouble burning a DVD with adobe premiere 14. It burns the disc with a region restricition so that it will play on some DVD players, but not others. I have burned discs in the past with the exact same settings and not had this issue so I am not sure what has changed and why it is putting a region restriction on the disc now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines