• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 Export Options

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to exporting video from Premiere Elements 2019 for eventual burning to Blu Ray.  When I am ready to export, I am selecting the Devices, then Custom Setting.  There I can choose H.264 AVCHD (my shooting format) and I export to my desk top.  What I end up with is four files, and what do I do with them?  They are not in a combined file, just loose.  I have a separate Blu Ray burner and software, so do I just drag these files and drop them in?   There must be more to this.  What is the next step to get these four files to create a Blu Ray? 

These are the file names and types:

Video Project 1                         MP4 Video

Video Project 1.m4v.xmp          XMP File

Video Project 1.m4v.xmpses    XMPSES File

Video Project 1                         Wave Sound

It seems with the Disc export capability and the earlier BluRay export feature in earlier versions of Premier Elements, such files could be exported into a combine ISO file.  Since the BluRay option has been discontinued, I am trying to accomplish the same thing, but via extra steps. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you're creating a custom preset for your output. You can get an MP4 by selecting Export & Share/Devices/Computer and then selecting the 1920x1080 option. And doing so won't create these extra data files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks the for response.  I have just started learning the program so I am in the trial & error phase.....   I did buy your book for Premiere Elements 19, and I have on order an older version of Premiere Elements (2015) with the Blu Ray burn feature. I also found your book for Elements 15 on Amazon and have that on the way.  Still reading the first book.  I will try your method later today.

BTW, I am not new to video editing, just some of the newer stuff.  I started out in the early 80's shooting 3/4 Umatic Video tape with RCA TK76 three tube news cameras.  I edited tape to tape.  I then progressed to Betacam SP and and DVCAM, then editing on a Mac based non-linear system called Media 100.  Exported the finished product to large hard drives for playback on the air.

I was out of that business for a while and am now getting back into it for sharing Blu Rays to family, but plan to progress into a small business.  My only experience with video and Blu Ray has been warehousing my Handycam video on a JVC Professional Blu Ray writer (stand alone machine).  Also taking old Hi 8 video and warehousing on Blu Ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for supporting the books, Timothy! I hope they answer a lot of your questions.

BTW, I also started out shooting Umatic tape with huge, delicate Ikegami camcorders, so I too lived through the stone age of video. But I much prefer the neater, cleaner days of digital media and editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I am sure I will have more questions after I try some of the options.  All the options of media formats (XAVCS, ACHD, etc.) are making me aware I am not up to speed on all of this.  My JVC Professional Blu Ray recorder is pretty simple to use.  I shoot ACHD H.264, stick the SD card in the machine and it will easily download to the internal hard drive.  Then a simple set of steps to write the Blu Ray.   It also works well for archiving a lot of old Hi 8 tapes from the 1980's or my Mini-DV footage.  As easy as this deck is to use, it doesn't like a lot of formats like XAVC-S.  I bought a new LG Blu Ray burner just to work with Adobe Elements.

My liking for Blu Ray is the high quality it supports.  Standard DVD just doesn't look as good, and this is why I want to use Premiere Elements to provide that export quality.

Ikegami - I haven't heard that name in a long time.  When I was shooting ENG for a news station, it was that RCA TK76 or TK86 on the right shoulder, the Sony 3/4" UMatic deck on the left shoulder and a battery belt.  Probably around 60 lbs of gear.  I also used to shoot 16mm color film, then transfer to 3/4 " tape for editing.  Fun times.  Now I can get outrageous high definition out of a little HD Handycam I can hold in the palm of my hand.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, tonight I did a test export of a 49 second video of four clips (AVCHD).  Exported as Mp4 H.264 to my desktop and it was a 188 mb file.  I am critical of image quality so I have been comparing each AVCHD clip with its counterpart exported as an Mp4 H.264 1920x1080 and I cannot visually see any loss of image quality.  Premiere Elements seems to do a fine job of the finished product export.

I am using Windows 7 for now and I don't get audio imported into PE because of the Dolby issue, so I guess I'll be shooting XAVC-S and exporting as a same file to Blu Ray.  I have not tried this yet, but my Blu Ray burner and software are new. 

Thanks for your patience and expertise!!!!   I'm sure I'll run into other questions as I gain in knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, Timothy.

Glad we could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines