Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 & HEVC on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently bought Your package Adobe Photoshop Elements + Premiere Elements 2019 in order to have the possibility of editing videos from my Dji Mavic 2 Pro drone. There is a possibility of having a record in H.264 and H.265. The H.265 is needed to have the option to record video in 10bit H-log. Now I transferred the files to my computer with Windows...and disappointed...No support for H.265 in Windows version. WHY?! I paid for the package and I demand the possibility of editing videos in H.265 on my Adobe Elements 2019!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now only possible on the Mac.

You can ask for a refund if bought less then a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The H.265 is needed to have the option to record video in 10bit H-log."

You may be pushing beyond the intentions of a humble home video editor.  That is pro or at least near pro territory!  As Ann suggests, get your money back.  Then try something with more significant tools like Premiere Pro or maybe Vegas Pro for around $300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out.  As @Ann Bens mentioned, HEVC support is restricted to macOS for the Premiere Elements 2019 version. Here is a link where you can refer to Features & Enhancements | Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

However, this feature is under review to be added soon on Windows.

If you wish to return the product, you can follow this link: Return or exchange a non-subscription product

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi,

You wrote, "However, this feature is under review to be added soon on Windows."   That's good news! 

Are you announcing 2020 features or will this be an update to 2019?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

will this be an update to 2019?

You know, Bill, that feature updates are rare for Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

whsprague   wrote

will this be an update to 2019?

You know, Bill, that feature updates are rare for Elements.

I do know that.  I've been here since version 9.  Why would a "Staff" member say "under review to be added" which suggests it could be coming as an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would a "Staff" member say "under review to be added" which suggests it could be coming as an upgrade?

...to be added to the next version.  I suspect that since new versions have been historically released September/October, beta testing will begin soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

There is no news as of now. I personally spoke with the development team, and they have agreed that they are aware of the concern that the users need support for HEVC codec on Windows OS. However, there is no ETA provided as to when the feature will be added. I'll update if I get any information.

I use Windows machine at home so, it is important for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry. I couldnt write earlier a reply...

For sure I dont want to resign from the package that bought.

I love my photoshop elements and I like some of features in adobe premiere. The rest I didnt discovered yet.

The point is that If You buy something You want to use it fully as possible.

I dont buy photocamera in order to shoot only in JPGs, because the RAWs are for the professionals.

No...I bought it because the product is good and I had the money for it. I see also the chance of improving my workflow by switching into raws. I have better control over the image. I can correct many things which it would be difficult with the jpgs.

It is the same with new codec on many devices: ...phones, tablets, photocameras and drones like in my case.

I bought it because I knew, that H.265, 10 bits is a better choice for making a video.

Once made video with that codec I want to edit it. Also with adobe premiere elements.

It shouldnt be a problem to implement because it is already in the version for Apple.

- Why only on their system?

Not every user of Iphone, Ipad has an Imac.

Many of them have Windows, so it doesnt make a sense.

Further...

Yesterday I downloaded programm - one of your competitors.

Totally for free. It is beta, but this beta has that future.

You can edit H.265, have lens corrections and other stuff.

It is a very complex programm, especially for a person like me, who is just starting in this area.

Why dont You guys take a lesson from it and try to give a future that is needed.

I have already heard voices, that adobe is now behind of some competitors.

They are offering more than You.

It should be Your main target to have as much as possible  clients. A loyal customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because I was searching for an answer to the same problem I am having with my GoPro videos from my Hero8: Adobe has added HEVC support to the new Premiere Elements 2020 for Windows as well (not just the Mac version).

It doesn´t solve it for the ones like me using Premiere Elements 2019 though... Just another reason to spend money again on the new version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines