Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 Install Problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just recently purchased Photoshop Elements 2019 & Premiere Elements 2019 hard copies on DVD. I had this problem with the first DVD, had it replaced by vendor thinking it may be a disk problem. However the same problem happens on the second DVD. When I try to install Premiere Elements screen shows it cannot be installed "Error Code: 1". After the first problem I spend over two hours on "Adobe Chat" with no resolution. Is there a resolution to this problem? I know most people download software today, but being old school I still like hard copies. Thanks in advance, sorry this is so long, a bit frustrated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me, I would download a copy from Adobe servers.  What advice did Adobe provide in your chat session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what they suggested. But I have already paid for the DVD version from best Buy. At the same time I could have downloaded the same through Staples for $30.00 cheaper, but I decided for the DVD version. Looks like a big mistake now. Thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why not download the program from Adobe? After you, what you really paid for was the license. You don't really need to install it from the disk, do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobr5344358  wrote

Looks like a big mistake now.

It is not a mistake.  I looked up the price at both Best Buy and Staples.  It was $100 at both.  No matter what, you are buying a license to  use the software as long as it is on you computer.  In other words, you are buying a serial number.  You either get it in a retail box or emailed to you.  The actual program is free, but will only run a short time and puts a "Trial" watermark on it.  When it asks, you put your $100 serial number in.  Be sure and register it so Adobe will help you remember it if you need it in the future.

Download the the 2019 version installation software from this link:

Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2019, 2018, and 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. That may be my last resort.Those look like US prices. When I ordered, Best Buy, and Staples Canada had Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements on sale. Staples Canada down load was $130.00 and Best Buy DVD was $160.00. I paid the extra for the hard copy DVD from Best Buy. It is still on sale until Feb 21 at Best Buy $160.00 ($60.00 off). The Staples Canada down load price is now $200.00. I am just ticked because what I paid for does not work. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the installation file and burn the contents of the extracted files to a disk.

You will then have an installation disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what the Error Code 1 indicates on the link connected to it. "An updated installation file" is required. Can you please send the link to this installation file.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help, ran across the same problem shown in this post. Looks like it may be more complicated.

Error code 1 while installing Elements 2019

I purchased PSE 2019 and a few minutes into the installation I get a pop-up that says:

Sorry, installation failed

An unknown error has occurred. (Error Code:1)

There is a get help link, but it brings me.to the error code page.  Error code 1 says:

Core components failed to install/update.  Solution: Download the latest version of the installer and try again.

I downloaded 2019 from the website and got the same error.

I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Beginner ,
    Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your assistance. However, yesterday after a week of frustration of not being able to get the program installed I returned the software for a store credit.I will continue to use my 2011 Photoshop & Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines