Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 - Purchase Online / Invalid Serial

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I downloaded the trial of Adobe Premiere Elements 2019.

I tried the software and want to purchase it.  I clicked on the purchase button in the application and used my credit card details to make the purchase.

I received an email with a serial number in it, but when I try to enter the serial number into the program I get an error message; "This serial number is not valid for Adobe Premiere Elements 2019".

Whats more confusing is that I've noticed that in the email is says 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019', not 'Adobe Premiere Elements 2019'.   I didn't select a product as part of the online purchase process (there was no option).  Is 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019' the same thing as 'Adobe Premiere Elements 2019' ?

I tried responding to the email, but it bounced.  I've been unable to find any contact phone numbers for support (I'm in Australia).

How can I get help to sort this out?

Thank you

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

On the purchase page (showing Photoshop Elements) i started a chat, which went to Sales.  I asked how to purchase Premiere Elements and they had to create a PDF quote and email it to me.  In that quote was a link to buy.  When i click on the link it actually said Premiere Elements.  Yay!

Still don't have a serial number; I've received an email telling me it takes 24 hours to process my order.

Adobe really doesn't make it easy to purchase their products.....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Customer Care via chat (assuming you bought the product from Adobe).

Contact Customer Care

This is a user to user forum. We can't help you here.

Though do note that Premiere Elements serial numbers are made up of six sets of four digits and the first four digits are usually 1143. Does your serial number look like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the serial is 6 sets of 4 numbers.  But the first 4 are 1057, which the online chat said was Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how this works in Austrailia.  In the USA there is a free trial at the very bottom of this linked page.  Install it, it will run and give you an option to buy the serial number from within the software.

Download Premiere Elements free trial | Adobe Premiere Elements

In the USA you can also buy it through retailers via download or disc.  However, refunds are more complicated through retailers. 

Good luck!  This has to be frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Please try the below link to buy Adobe Premiere Elements:

www.adobe.com/go/trialbuypre/

once you open this link, this should display the checkout page for Adobe Premiere Elements.

Please let us know in case if you still is not able to buy the desired product.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin,

That link also shows that I can only purchase Adobe Photoshop Elements; the wrong product.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have trouble buying the license for the trial version. When I hit buy (or use the link here in the thread) I get a message that it is not longer valid in the US. Although I live in Denmark. 

How do I buy Premiere Elements?

kind regards

Sverre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is (mostly) a user forum so most of us can't fix this by ourselves.

Photoshop Elements is for photos and is different than Premiere Elements.  There is not a good phone number for support.

What does work well for support in the USA are online "chat" sessions with Adobe.  Please try this and if it doesn't work I may be able to elevate this to an Adobe staff person somewhere.

Click this link:  Adobe Help Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an online Adobe chat person who was from 'serial number department' and he says he's arranging a refund (5-7 working days.... great).

So right now I can't work out how to purchase the Adobe Premiere Elements software.

If I use the 'Buy Now' option from the trial software, it only allows me to purchase Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Even if I use the Adobe website, link below, to puchase Premiere Elements, it only allows me to purchase Photoshop Elements.

Download and install Adobe Premiere Elements

Something very strange going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the purchase page (showing Photoshop Elements) i started a chat, which went to Sales.  I asked how to purchase Premiere Elements and they had to create a PDF quote and email it to me.  In that quote was a link to buy.  When i click on the link it actually said Premiere Elements.  Yay!

Still don't have a serial number; I've received an email telling me it takes 24 hours to process my order.

Adobe really doesn't make it easy to purchase their products.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, they DO make it easy to purchase the products. The serial numbers are usually generated immediately.

I'm not sure how you ended up going down a rabbit hole -- but it's by no means a typical experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah!  The serial number arrived by email, only an hour or so after the order.

And the serial number is accepted into the software!

Thanks to those that provided suggestions to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy here that you got it resolved with so much strange confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brian for reporting this issue, we have investigated the problem and have fixed this.

Now when you try to reach the below URL's should take the users to the correct checkout page.

Photoshop Elements Buy Now page: www.adobe.com/go/trialbuypse

Premiere Elements Buy Now page: www.adobe.com/go/trialbuypre

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines