• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 - Trying to Add Media / webcam

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm using a fresh installation of Premiere Elements 2019 under Windows 10 Pro. I want to capture/make a video with my external webcam and mic (attached to my desktop computer). It seems to record both audio and video... but the capture screen does not display any preview screen -- just a black square. When I test it, stop capturing and play it back, it seems to be there (although it's out of sync at the moment). 

Why won't the webcam images show up on the capture preview screen? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

We appreciate you writing in. I understand you are using Premiere Elements 2019 to capture live video through your webcam. I assume you have followed the workflow mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/getting-started/capture-video.html

Is your webcam working fine outside of PRE 2019?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy again!

Yes, I'm following those instructions. But when I see the Capture screen and make sure the dropdowns are correct for my external camera and external mic, I still see nothing but a black screen even after hitting Capture. When I stop recording and play it back, it seems to be all there (although I'm still have syncing problems with the audio -- that's a manageable problem later, I think). 

I have no idea how to get the capture/preview screen to give me an actual preview. Here's what I see. You can see the previous snippets I just recorded in the upper left. But AS I'M RECORDING, I see that black screen.

APE2019.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and no, there are no other issues with my webcam in most other contexts. I've used it with RingCentral, Zoom, Skype, Facebook Video Chat, etc. It always works fine in those contexts. 

In desperation I tried an open-source app called OBS Studio, but I have since found that it has its own issues with black screens that many users have documented, so I'm not too keen on sticking with it. I'm unsure whether the two problems are related (two webcam-recording apps with black screen issues), or whether there is some setting for *recording* (rather than simply broadcasting such as Zoom does) that I need to fix or change. 

I just assumed that, since PE2019 was something I paid for, that it should be able to handle something this basic. If there's a setting out of place, I can't think of what it might be. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines