premiere elements.jpg

any suggestions?

Codecs? where to get them?

how is it possible to not supported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone X's often shoot video using the HEVC H.265 codec, which the program may not be able to work with on Windows.

To confirm this, open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste this report to this forum. Once we can see the specs of your video (and we know your operating system) we'll better be able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have chosen to record using the HEVC H.265 setting on your phone, Premiere Elements 2019 is advertised to work well for that on Mac computers IF they have the most current iOS.  The support for H.265 codecs come with the operating system.

Windows does not include H.265 so if you shoot with an iPhone, be sure to shoot with a setting other than HEVC H.265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am not a techie. I have .mov files that I, and others have shot. I am on a Windows 10 machine and can't get the files to work in Premiere 2019. What's the solution, please.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements will not edit HEVC video on Windows 10, daniel. What model of camcorder is your MOV video coming from?

iPhones currently shoot video as HEVC MOVs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I went ahead and purchased a conversion tool which worked great. Too bad Adobe doesn't just provide the tools to do so. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to purchase a conversion tool. Handbrake will do the job and it is free.

We could have recommended it if you'd have worked with us to figure out what is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From one week to the next Premiere Elements would not let me import .MOV shot on my iphone XR 4k 29fps. I wondered what changed....

On the iphone there is a setting under Camera for formats, but it's a little unspecific and provides two options High Efficiency and Most Compatible.  It advises that at 4k 60fps it uses HEIF/HEVC, is that H.265 ?

In any case I now know that if I set to most compatible, I can import just fine. Anyhoo - your above answers put me on the right track. I have a bunch of content that I need to convert now - will look at Handbrake. Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It advises that at 4k 60fps it uses HEIF/HEVC, is that H.265 ?"

Yes it is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines