• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 will not load 4K 60FPS GoPro files

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my computer hardware so I could do 4K, I'm using an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor with an XFX Radeon G570 Graphics card, Windows 10 home 64 bit.  And I've been able to load everything up to 4K 30fps but when I try for the 60 I get a message that say "file not supported or missing a Codec."  I installed the HEVC Codec today, and I even went throught the processes Adobe gives because of a similare problem with the 2020 version, but it didn't fix it.   By the way I did restart my computer after adding the Codec and it seemed to help with viewing the file in VLC, but Adobe Premiere Elements still won't accept it. Does anybody have any ideas?

Appreciate any help you can give.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe did not add the HEVC/H.265 support in Premiere Elements until the current "2020" version released last October.  It won't work in the 2019 version no matter what codecs you add.  

My understanding is that GoPros, phones and drones commonly used HEVC/H.256 when it is necessary to stuff 60fps into the file.  Choices where 4K 60fps are required are new editing software, different editing software or transcoding to an H.264 codec with something like the (free) Handbrake program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines