Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 add multiple subtitles

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to add multiple simple subtitle style texts to a video. The first problem is, it seems to place the text on different layers with little rhyme nor reason (Is there a way to stop that?). The first idea was to manually create the first subtitle and then copy/paste that for styling and position but that changes all the other subtitles to the newly edited text (WHY?).

Is there a way to create/copy a template so I don't have to attempt to position the text and reset all the setting every single time I want a simple text?

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Duplicate your titles in the Project Assets box.  It may help to keep track if you rename them.  Then slide the title to a track above your clip.  Edit it and move it as needed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate your titles in the Project Assets box.  It may help to keep track if you rename them.  Then slide the title to a track above your clip.  Edit it and move it as needed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill's point is right on. If you copy and paste, you will create a clone of your title. But if you right-click on the title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate, you will create a separate duplicate which you can reuse as a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I duplicate, rename and continue to see the previous subtitle even if I have the new text ... reboot premiere and the new text appears. Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You posted in the Premiere ELEMENTS forum.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines