• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 add static to timeline. Static gets exported to video footage.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of this random appearance of static?  I have version 18.0.  Please advise.  I really need help.  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the static is not on the original footage?

If the static does not appear when you play the video in the free download VLC Media Player but does appear when you add the video to Premiere Elements, we should look at the deep specs of the video with Media Info.

It is also important to know if you are editing on a Mac or PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for your help. I am on a mac powerbook. I
have the most updated version of chrome. I'm using the latest Elements
which I downloaded a week ago. The static is random. I only seem to see
it when playing back video in full screen mode. Unfortunately, it exports
but it is random so catching it on the timeline has been tough. Actually,
I don't think I've ever seen a static image on the timeline. For example,
it appears at 3:58 seconds in the video but not in the timeline. See
screenshot and URL for the video.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gggvh33_HCAC9fkUyc5-MLRZcwKoYgVr

Thank you so much Steve. Madeline
--
Madeline Schroeder
My Learning Pathways
(650)245-4774
www.mylearningpathways.com
To schedule an appointment:
https://MyLearningPathways.as.me/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's breakup. Not static. And it's something most often seen on tape-based video. I'm not sure what kind of device you recorded this video on or with which specs.

Open one of your original videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the complete report that is generated and paste it to this forum. Once we know the video's complete specs, we'll better be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

I did as you instructed.  Here are the screens from an earlier video 1/20/20.  I also copied the same screens from the current version which also isn't playing audio (another problem that I need to sort out).  

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.08.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.08.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.07.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.07.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.04.33 PM.png

Here are files from the most recent video (the one that breaks AND is silent throughout).  Forget that.  MediaInfo isn't recognizing it and now crashed.  I'll try again.  Thank you!  Madeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

I can you need this too, here are the mediainfo screens for the latest version (the silent video I somehow created :(. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.31.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.33.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.33.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.34.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.34.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.34.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.35.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what device recorded this video -- but from the looks of the MediaInfo specs, I see nothing that would cause the glitch your seeing. So I don't know what to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Steve. Sorry the recording device was an iphone 7 or iphone 11. Thank
you for your help. I really appreciate hearing from you. I just wish the
Adobe customer service was as fast. I've contacted them multiple times and
have heard very little. Have you had more success with them or are they
just unresponsive? Madeline

--
Madeline Schroeder
My Learning Pathways
(650)245-4774
www.mylearningpathways.com
To schedule an appointment:
https://MyLearningPathways.as.me/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines