• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 Blu-Ray

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate suggestions on how to burn blu-ray discs for PRE 2020 projects.  I have accumulated (and continue to accumulate) HD camcorder video for which I want to edit and produce blu-ray discs.  Techniques, suggestions and/or software to burn PRE 2020 mp4 projects to blu-ray disc would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like the Premiere Elements workflow, you will need to find a copy of an earlier version.  I think 15 was the last that did Blu-Ray.   Adobe won't provide it.  You might look on e-bay.

I have no personal experience with other Blu-Ray tools but take a look at DVD Architect from Magix.  Imgburn is free and may work.  PowerDirector from Cyberlink and the Vegas products from Magix may also work.  

DVD Architect was originally coded by Sony when Sony was heavily invested in Blu-Ray.  Sony sold DVD Architect to Magix with all the Vegas products a few years ago.  DVD Architect may be the best Blu-Ray burning software that will ever exist in a world moving past disc distribution to streaming, YouTube, etc. 

As a only a user of Adobe products I can only guess.  It appears that Blu-Ray required working relationships with other companies over codec, licensing, etc.  Those relationships apparently broke down and Adobe abandon Blu-Ray production in all their products.   

I used to burn Blu-Rays, but found out most of my family member audience preferred YouTube and Vimeo distribution because their phones, tablets and laptops wouldn't play Blu-Ray!  Then my Blu-Ray burner lost it's driver in a Windows update.  I gave up and moved on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can a product such as Adobe not burn Blu-ray discs????   You lost a customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's worth noting that no professional products, including Adobe professional products, still support BluRay production. Vegas video has dropped its support for BluRay production software. DVD and BluRay production is still possible with a couple of products, but most software producers have gotten out of the disc authoring business.

If BluRay production is a dealbreaker for you, you've got some very slim pickens, bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines