Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 / Cannot launch video editor

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought Premiere Elements 2020 with online licence. It works - but always just for the first time. When I close the programme and want to reopen it later, it does not work. I have to restart computer.
I have already tried the advice from thread "Premiere Elements 2019 / Cannot launch video editor" - launching it from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2020. 

What shall I make that it works? 

Thanks!

Sonja

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen a couple of times too. The problem is that the program doesn't close completely.

Assuming you're on Windows, open the Task Manager (by right-clicking on the Windows Task Bar and selecting the option) then go to Background Processes, locate Adobe Premiere Elements and manually end it.

The program should start right up after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SonkaW,

As already stated by Steve, this might be because the application was not closed properly. If you are facing this issue frequently, you can create a dump file for the process running in backgroud and share with us so that we can permanently fix the problem.

To create a dump file:

1. Open Task Manager.

2. Select the process "Adobe Premiere Elements".

3. Right click on the process and select "Create dump file".

4. Share the dump file on Google Drive or drop box.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines