• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 Compatibility

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Premiere Elements is not backwards compatible, but here's my question:

Using Premeire Elements 2020, I started a project on an iMac ( High Sierra 10.13.6).  It has been fine.

But now, I must finish the project on a Windows laptop, Windows 10, 64 bit, meets the specs.   I installed Premeire Elements 2020---but the file won't open.  It says it isn't compatible....but it's the same version, so I'm confused.     There are no older versions to download from my Adobe account. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will have to go with "says it isn't compatible".  There are code and feature differences between Windows and Mac.

That said, what did you do to move the project?  There are a lot of files involved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply.  I guess I was hoping that the Mac and Windows Premiere Elements 2020 versions would generally be compatible, kind of like being able to open .PSD files in Photoshop on either platform.  I could accept some lack of exact features, but to not even be able to open it is frustrating, but I understand your explanation.

I do have all of my files carefully organized and all together, to avoid broken links when copying over, so I feel ok about that part.

I'll just have to work around it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should be compatible.

Only copy the project file and media. Relink and let Elements make new media cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines