Highlighted

Premiere elements 2020 Editor not loading on windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Premiere Elements 2020, which I installed on my Win 10 laptop after the video editor of Elements 2018 stopped responding. Even after updating the new Elements from the web site the editor does not open. My Windows is up-to-date as well. Where is the problem. I would be grateful for any ideas or a solution... a short film festival is approaching!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere elements 2020 Editor not loading on windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Premiere Elements 2020, which I installed on my Win 10 laptop after the video editor of Elements 2018 stopped responding. Even after updating the new Elements from the web site the editor does not open. My Windows is up-to-date as well. Where is the problem. I would be grateful for any ideas or a solution... a short film festival is approaching!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 29, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. A month or so ago exporting worked normally. Checking the event file produces "The program PremiereElementsEditor.exe version 18.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed." Not really a useful clue to whats wrong. I notice the addition of "Quick Edit". Please can I go back to a slow export that works rather than a "Quick Edit" that refuses to respond

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nigel,

It is always easier to deal with something like this in a fresh topic.  It avoids confusion.

To fix it there may be a series of questions and answers.  Without knowing more, I will offer the guess that your computer is running out of the disk space it needs to run a video editing program.   If that doesn't help, would you please consider starting a new topic with lots of detail about what your are doing and how you are doing it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0