Highlighted

Premiere Elements 2020 opens once but won't open again

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently installed Premiere Elements 2020 on pc with Windows 10 version 2004.  The program will open once after system restart and I can use it.  But, when I close it, it won't open a second time until I restart the machine;  then repeat!  I don't get an error message: simply no response.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

Instead of restarting the computer, kill Premiere Elements in Task Manager and you will be able to open it again.

I had this happen on older versions of Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro, but it eventually fixed itself.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements 2020 opens once but won't open again

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently installed Premiere Elements 2020 on pc with Windows 10 version 2004.  The program will open once after system restart and I can use it.  But, when I close it, it won't open a second time until I restart the machine;  then repeat!  I don't get an error message: simply no response.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

Instead of restarting the computer, kill Premiere Elements in Task Manager and you will be able to open it again.

I had this happen on older versions of Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro, but it eventually fixed itself.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Thanks so much. I look forward to it fixing itself!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0