Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 - red frames???

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I've just swiched from version 13 to 20 and need to strougle with several bugs. One of them is apperance of red frames in my clips. I have no idea why they are at those particular places. That clip has been only imported to Premiere. No effects have been applied  yet. Of course that are no any red frames in the source material. Any ideas?  

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this. There are many more this kind of red frames in other clips in my timeline

https://youtu.be/iQvMQiJRF8M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is a bug in the software.  It is working well on too many computers.  More likely something is going wrong within your system or workflow.  Without knowing more, I'm going to guess that you may have opened a project from version 13 in version 2020.  Some feature, transition or effect from version 13 does not work in version 2020, so a blank (and red!) screen shows up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red frames means they are not properly decoded.

Try Bob's suggestion.

Check the preferences for Hardware acceleration might want to turn that off.

Do these red frames also appear is the clip has no timeremapping?

Delete rendered files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for comments. I solved that problem by recompressing input video files outside the premiere and imported them again. So far it is OK. 

That project wasn't created in version 13. It was created in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines