Highlighted

Premiere Elements 2020 video editor not loading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I installed PE 2020 yesterday and spent a few hours on it today editing a video. After my latest render and save, i closed the app and now it won't open. When I click on the desktop app the little home page appears asking "what do you want to do today" and three boxes - workshop organizer, photo editor and video editor. There is also a list of my recent files. But when i put the cursor over the video editor box, the box gets outlined in blue but nothing happens when i click it (single or double). it's just not opening up or loading or doing anything. Please don't tell me I have to reinstall! Does that mean I've lost the hours of work I spent today? 

Community Beginner
Correct answer by ea3 | Community Beginner

Thanks whsprague. I didn't realise it was a holiday but i can't call anyway from Australia. 

The chat service did get back to me and i'm happy to report it was all fixed by remote computer access. 

Thanks for your messages. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements 2020 video editor not loading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I installed PE 2020 yesterday and spent a few hours on it today editing a video. After my latest render and save, i closed the app and now it won't open. When I click on the desktop app the little home page appears asking "what do you want to do today" and three boxes - workshop organizer, photo editor and video editor. There is also a list of my recent files. But when i put the cursor over the video editor box, the box gets outlined in blue but nothing happens when i click it (single or double). it's just not opening up or loading or doing anything. Please don't tell me I have to reinstall! Does that mean I've lost the hours of work I spent today? 

Community Beginner
Correct answer by ea3 | Community Beginner

Thanks whsprague. I didn't realise it was a holiday but i can't call anyway from Australia. 

The chat service did get back to me and i'm happy to report it was all fixed by remote computer access. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is for a university assignment that is due tomorrow, so I need this to work!!! Plus, I spent lots of money on this product. And of course, the Adobe chat help line is not responding. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday it was a partial holiday in the USA.  I would try an online (not by telephone) chat with customer support or a reinstallation.   Your project files will not be effected by reinstalling the software.   https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ea3,

I'm happy you got it fixed via chat.  I've never tried the service!  Someday maybe something will break bad enough and I'll get to use it!   

What did they "fix"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up on this! 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You expect me to understand what they fixed?? But I did ask should it happen again, what would I do, and the response was something about going into the Task Bar and deleting the adobe programs that were running. It sounded simple but it is still nothing that I would have worked out on my own. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...the response was something about going into the Task Bar and deleting the adobe programs that were running."

Fascinating!  Thanks for the reply.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's happened again 😞 

Not opening. 

The first "what do you want to do today?" page is showing, but the video editor button is not doing anything. 

I'll update you when I actually know what to do. 

As far as I can see, I've closed everything, so my poor computer should not be too overwhelmed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but I could actually solve it, with your description. I closed the app first, then opened the task manager (you can easily find it when searching for it after you pressed the "start" on your desktop). In the task manager look for "adobe premiere elements 2020" and stop the task. (not sure if thats the exact wording since my language setting is not english but it should be gone from the task manager afterwards) Now try to open the program again. For me this worked so I hope it helps someone 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 5
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers MTP65510.  This worked for me. Thanks for describing your fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you! I had the same EXACT issue as the others in this thread. I am able to get into the video editor once again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me several times now! Thankyou! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me too. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating that we have to go in to the taskbar and search for it to close it, it should close on its own when pressing the x 😞 I hope there will be a fix. Thank you for posting this, I was able to finally open it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 1
rhs3 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks immensely for this workaround.  Have to use it almost every time I exit PE 2020.  PE Version 18.0 (20200130.daily.2070236) on Windows 10 Pro (1909).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0