Highlighted

Premiere Elements 2020 will not export and crashes.

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate some help. I upgraded from premiere elements and photoshop elements 15 to 2020. Following install Premiere Elements works fine until I try to export and share. The application crashes every time and I get the following error message.

Adobe Premiere Elements is unable to save data to “users/georgelee/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/18.0/SC/Workflows/“ and must be shut down. Please ensure that you have adequete folder permissions and restart the application.

I am running OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103). 

I would be very grateful for a solution.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements 2020 will not export and crashes.

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate some help. I upgraded from premiere elements and photoshop elements 15 to 2020. Following install Premiere Elements works fine until I try to export and share. The application crashes every time and I get the following error message.

Adobe Premiere Elements is unable to save data to “users/georgelee/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/18.0/SC/Workflows/“ and must be shut down. Please ensure that you have adequete folder permissions and restart the application.

I am running OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103). 

I would be very grateful for a solution.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a Mac OS system, which can have lots of issues with Adobe products. Since you have the current version of the program, I'd go to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html and contact Adobe support via chat. To reach Adobe, click on the Individual contact link under Contact Us near the bottom of the page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Steve. I will give that a try.

Kind regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just by way of an update, I removed my 2020 versions of elements from my Mac Mini and reinstalled my 2015 version. All works perfectly. I installed my 2020 elelements to myMac Book Pro which is a much later model and it works absolutely fine. I would have preferred an instalation to my desk top. However I am glad I have a solution of sorts. I think problem is the Mac Mini (2012 version) might have struggled for reasons that I dont know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue to that noted above only I am running a Mojave Version 10.14.6 on a 2017 iMac.  I am receiving the same error:  "Adobe Premiere Elements is unable to save data to “users/[Usermame]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/17.0/SC/Workflows and must shutdown. Please ensure that you have adequate folder permissions and restart the application."  as I am looking to export and share a .prel file

Any assistance would be appreciated 

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0