• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 will not export and crashes.

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate some help. I upgraded from premiere elements and photoshop elements 15 to 2020. Following install Premiere Elements works fine until I try to export and share. The application crashes every time and I get the following error message.

Adobe Premiere Elements is unable to save data to “users/georgelee/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/18.0/SC/Workflows/“ and must be shut down. Please ensure that you have adequete folder permissions and restart the application.

I am running OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103). 

I would be very grateful for a solution.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a Mac OS system, which can have lots of issues with Adobe products. Since you have the current version of the program, I'd go to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html and contact Adobe support via chat. To reach Adobe, click on the Individual contact link under Contact Us near the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Steve. I will give that a try.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just by way of an update, I removed my 2020 versions of elements from my Mac Mini and reinstalled my 2015 version. All works perfectly. I installed my 2020 elelements to myMac Book Pro which is a much later model and it works absolutely fine. I would have preferred an instalation to my desk top. However I am glad I have a solution of sorts. I think problem is the Mac Mini (2012 version) might have struggled for reasons that I dont know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue to that noted above only I am running a Mojave Version 10.14.6 on a 2017 iMac.  I am receiving the same error:  "Adobe Premiere Elements is unable to save data to “users/[Usermame]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/17.0/SC/Workflows and must shutdown. Please ensure that you have adequate folder permissions and restart the application."  as I am looking to export and share a .prel file

Any assistance would be appreciated 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem - any solutions out there welcome.  

I am on a new MacMini, so there shouldn't be any issues with performance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I would encourage you to use the chat dialouge with an Adobe engineer. I did, and my issue was resolved and all has been fine since.

I did watch the isssue resolution as I allowed the engineer to remotelt access my computor. I can tell you it looked fairly complicated as various library files needed either deleting ot their permissions changing. I also had to enter my product serial numbers again to authorise the programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines