• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 won't render

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my seventh video and it won't render. On play back it stalled on the video image but continued with the audio. I was able to save, close and open with no losses, play back was fine, but it still won't render. All previous videos rendered with no problem. I am using the same equipment as previous videos which were all produced within the last month. 

MacOS 10.13.6, MacBook Pro 2012

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020
Thanks. I am not comfortable updating again at this time, since I had to update twice just a few months ago. I always lose something else when I up date for an app. I found a work around. I started over with the video and rendered after every change. If I do that, it will render ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Just had exactly that problem and couldn't export my slideshow.    Your solution worked, many thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your patience. We're here to help you sort out the issue.

• Do you get any error when the render crashes?
  • Could you share a screenshot for the export settings that you've chosen?
  • Have you considered updating the OS to latest version?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

• I get no error message. It is non responsive when I choose render. I am now on my 9th video, it rendered at first but as I make edits it doesn't render, then when I play back it stops at the first orange bar and the audio continues but not the video, nor does the indicator move forward. I save, close, and restart. It doens't halp.
  • I don't know where the export settings are.
  • I updated my OS in order to install PE2020. The info when I bought said 10.12 - 10.14 was needed so I updated to 10.12 but when I got the software it said I needed 10.13, so I updated to that. I figured PE2020 was new and would last more than a couple of months before haveing to update yet again. PE2020 is v18.0.

Thanks

Chrissie51

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. In macOS, we update the GPU drivers when the OS is updated to the latest version. Users have observed better performance in PRE 2020 after updating OS to the latest version. Do you mind updating it?

Meanwhile, I'll research more on this issue. 🙂

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am not comfortable updating again at this time, since I had to update twice just a few months ago. I always lose something else when I up date for an app. I found a work around. I started over with the video and rendered after every change. If I do that, it will render ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for keeping us updated! You can continue with the workaround if that helps you.

Give us a shout if you get any other issues. We'll be happy to help. 🙂

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Chrissie51 solution below which she figured out on her own. Her solution helped me as well since I was having the same problem. Attached is the screen shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out! I just went through 2 hours of troubleshooting for the green and white lines and then this happened! Fortunately this was an easy fix.

Thanks again!

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that the "silver bullet" marker that is at the end had moved close to the front of the video causing the render to stop at that point. Since I figured that out it has moved a couple more times on other videos, however I know what to look for now. But now I have to buy an up grade of the program because I had to replace my HD and my system was updated. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just happened to me. I couldn't render anything. Your solution did the trick. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other's that might read this topic, rendering previews for the timeline is not normally required.  It does help when complex editing is being done, the computers processor is less powerful or the footage uses a complex codec.   The indicator that it might help is when the preview is not playing well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had exactly that problem and couldn't export my slideshow.    Your solution worked, many thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines