Highlighted

Premiere Elements 2020 Wont Install or Open on Windows 10 "MSVCP140.dll was not found"

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Premiere Elements 2020 one time (supposedly) purchase for 70 $ and I am already regretting it. Like the title says, the installer finishes up to 100%, but the error message then appears, and it wont even open. "MSVCP140.dll was not found". If it is some problem on my end, then it is only with this Program. Still I cant find a simple way to contact support because I will only get call support IF I have a subscription, which from reading from all the rave reviews, are to die for.  Ive paid money for a product I cant access from a company that wont show me a simple straight answer in how to find help from them, never mind the help itself. Guess Ill keep waiting on the virtual chat.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements 2020 Wont Install or Open on Windows 10 "MSVCP140.dll was not found"

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Premiere Elements 2020 one time (supposedly) purchase for 70 $ and I am already regretting it. Like the title says, the installer finishes up to 100%, but the error message then appears, and it wont even open. "MSVCP140.dll was not found". If it is some problem on my end, then it is only with this Program. Still I cant find a simple way to contact support because I will only get call support IF I have a subscription, which from reading from all the rave reviews, are to die for.  Ive paid money for a product I cant access from a company that wont show me a simple straight answer in how to find help from them, never mind the help itself. Guess Ill keep waiting on the virtual chat.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a program you've installed has overwritten or damaged your drivers.

Try downloading the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and see if that fixes it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just bought the Premiere Elements 2020 one time (supposedly) purchase for 70 $ and I am already regretting it."

If you bought directly from Adobe, you have a couple weeks to get a refund.

"I will only get call support IF I have a subscription"
If Steve's solution doesn't work, you can go to the Adobe Help site (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and start an online chat.  Look for this icon in the lower right corner.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0