• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 2020

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I own premiere elements 15 because it allows you to burn blue ray discs and also have premiere elements 18 on the PC;
I now bought an upgrade to premiere elements 2020, could I now remove premiere elements 2018 without causing problems with the new premiere elements 2020 software?
Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version exists separately.  You should be able to remove any version without affecting the others.   

However, please be aware that projects from varias versions are not designed to be compatable.  In other words, opening a project in 2020 tht was started in 15 has a chance of being corrupted.   The safe work flow would be to finish a 2020 project to a high quality video then use that single video file as the media in 15 for Blu-Ray burning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for this answer, then I will delete version 2018 otherwise I have 3 versions on the PC and that is not necessary, I prefer to work with the latest version (2020). However, I did not know that a video made in version 2020 could also be burned to bleu ray in version 2015 because I do miss that a bit in the versions after version 2015, I still do that regularly and I do not upload everything to the net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Upgraded" to Premier 2020, and trying to take 10 individual movies and create one movie, with menus, and burn to a DVD as i've done with every prior version of Premier i owned.  I'm not seeing the same capability, or at least not seeing it easily.  Nor do I see an option to create the movie menu.  Absent this, how do I hand someone a copy of the compilation movie covering our amazing vacation?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marks,

"how do I hand someone a copy of the compilation movie covering our amazing vacation"

DVDs and Blu-Rays seem to be going the way of VHS tapes.   Delivery of high quality video has shifted to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, DropBox, etc.   It seems the need to see high definition videos on all devices from phones to computers has ecliped disc delivery.   Even current TVs come with YouTube apps built in. 

If you are on an Apple, all the options to burn discs has been removed in version 2020.  If you are on Windows, you can still burn a low res, standard definition quality DVD but not a Blu-Ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  It's sad, doesn't cost Apple or Adobe to have someone create a disk for someone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bluray is High Definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

The original question "can I remove a version of adobe premiere elements after I upgraded it to the latest version" according to the answers, that was possible and in the meantime I have executed it without problem.
The question about burning Blue ray (which I still do regularly) I read that a project in version 2020 could be burned in version 15, I didn't try it yet but I have my doubts. I did install free burnaware which can also be used to burn blue ray, now I have to figure out how I can export a project in 2020 so that I can burn it afterwards with burnaware.

Gr

Vanelli014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dat burnaway is dat authoring software of alleen maar data branden?

Wanneer het alleen data brandt dan heb je niets aan die software.

Je kunt immers geen BD iso maken met 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I will continue in English for the other forum members. Looked up a bit for what is meant by "authoring" software, I found no explanation that was understandable to me and therefore you cannot answer correctly, I downloaded "BurnAware" (not burnaway) and there you should be able to make a video bleu ray (screenshots) if you have a video TS and audio TS file?

Vanelli014

BurnAware.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video ts and audio ts are SD files meant for DVD however you can put them on a BD disk but the output remains SD.

A Bluray file looks quite different.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK yes, You are right, when looking for a way to burn from premiere elements to a bleu ray disk, I came across the following (screen capture) from which I decide that it will no longer work from the program itself ( had been clear to me since version 2018) but according to a detour there would still be a solution, so I rendered the film in version 2020 and via export and share> devices> adapted> advanced settings I chose format> H264 blue ray, video size 1920X1080 and TV standard also opted for pal (other settings I left for what they were) and rendered the film to a USB stick. files on the USB stick, an M4V file, XMP file, XMPSES file, and Wav file.

I burned these files on a bleu ray disc via BurnAware, but ... without success, a bleu ray player but also VLC player did not recognize the disc and did not play it.

BD branden.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I burned these files on a bleu ray disc via BurnAware, but ... without success, a bleu ray player but also VLC player did not recognize the disc and did not play it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what I have been saying all along.

Exporting to BD H.264 and burning it as a data disk  is not the same as authoring a BD disk (making a movie disk)

H264 blue ray, video size 1920X1080 and TV standard also opted for pal (other settings I left for what they were) and rendered the film to a USB stick. files on the USB stick, an M4V file, XMP file, XMPSES file, and Wav file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This wont work either. You made a data disk and not a movie disk (the latter is called authoring)

If you want to use an usb stick your will have to export it as a mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Ann, thx, the USB stick I am talking about and where I render and save the movie I made is really only meant as an intermediate step to burning on a bleu ray, (I could also have used a location on the hard disk) , the ultimate intention was to burn a BD in one way or another with version 2020, possibly as an archive, maybe that will not work at all and that is even impossible, yes then version 2015 will have to stay on my PC for making a film on BD and version 2020 for other destinations. I try to have as few things as possible on the PC that are not needed and if a BD burning with 2020 would work out why would I still have version 2015 on the PC, but I will follow your instruction.
Vanelli014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines