• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021.1 Consistently Hanging\Crashing

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new Windows 10 PC in December and loaded Premeire Elements 2021.  The program would occasionally lock up.  I then upgraded to 2021.1 and it is still very unstable.  It locks up the PC, sometimes to the point where I can't get control of the PC, no task manager, and have to hold the power button down to force a reset.  I'm not doing anything advanced, just some simple titles in a short video.  I'm not running any other programs at the same time.   Th PC is Asus laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30GHz.  16GB RAM.  64-bit Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909 OS build 18363.1379.

I attached the Premiere Elements version information.

Using this software has been very frustrating and disappointing.  Please help.

Thanks,

Brian

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW I have a desktop PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU & internal Radeon Vega Graphics & 32 GB RAM (WIN10 64-bit) & it runs without issues of this sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines