• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021.1 crashes and prevents opening the application !

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Adobe Premiere Elements early February 2021 in a Windows 10 with 64bit environment and 8GB RAM. Used Premiere Elements to edit two movies. No problem. Now, today February 9th, this forced update 2021.1 pops up and freezes. Clicking the install button does nothing. My whole Windows 10 is frozen. The only way out is with the Task Manager (Ctl+Alt+Del) and stop Premiere.
Premiere Elements has become unusable. Help !  Your "Support - Contact Us" button does not work. 
Adobe becomes notorious with inactive "install" and "contact us" buttons !! HELP !!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had what sounds like the identical issue a few days ago.   I solved it by completelly removing Premiere Elements with the Windows uninstaller.  Then I downloaded the current 2021.1 version installation file and ran it.  It required I type in the serial number that  I had saved.     All works normally now.  

Get the fresh installation file here:   https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Good luck!  This is a frustration that shouldn't happen!  

FWIW, the Help menu has an Online Support choice that leads to a website.  At that website there is a floating icon in the lower right corner that will initiate and online "chat" with Adobe techs.   I've used it and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill Sprague,

Your method works.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Elements.  You would think that Adobe tests its updates. Thanks about the advice to get help through Chat.
Cheers !
Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but where did you download 2021.1?

I downloaded premiere elemetns and it was the 2021 version not the 2021.1?

Thanks in advance,

Chet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never Mind i thinl i found it.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You would think that Adobe tests its updates. "

I suspect the did.  It seems to be a small number of users that have had this happen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm sorry but where did you download 2021.1?"

It looks like you probably found it.  If not it is here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines