• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 does not recognize external Dell DW316 DVD Burner.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two issues:

1) I am evaluating Premiere Elements 2021 and just received a new Dell external DW316 DVD burner. When I try to use Elements 2021 Export & Share to burn a video DVD, it says, "No burners detected."

2) I created an ISO image from my own video recordings (no commercial content) and burned it to DVD using WinX DVD Author. When I put the DVD in one Sony DVD player connected to my TV, it says "Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations."

I don't see any settings to solve either issue.

I am using a new DELL G3 15 3500 laptop with 16 GB memory and a new Dell External DW316 DVD writer.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. not sure 

2. this may be because if your dvd burners region select your burners region to be the same as your player.

just know on most drives you can only change this 5 times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

After a lot of trouble shooting, I isolated the "Region" issue to the Cyberlink Software which is supplied with the Dell DVD Drive.  When I burn the Premiere 2021 created ISO image using the free WinXDVD software, the DVD plays fine in three different DVD players.

Merry Christmas, BilyCar11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding issue One, "No burners detected", I subsequently installed the trial version of Premiere Elements 2021 on my older HP laptop.  On the HP, both the internal HP drive and external Dell DVD drive are identified by Premiere Elements "Export & Share", but now I get the message, "Invalid Disk Name"

and won't burn.  

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines