• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 Hardware Encoding option unavailable

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU Accelerated Rendering & Hardware Encoding/Decoding (adobe.com)

When I was using AP2020 I was able to use hardware-encoding option then exporting my clips. Some time ago I switched to AP2021 and that option is not available. It says that “hardware-encoding option is unavailable” however I haven’t made any changed to my hardware.

My Intel GPU enabled  and visible in Task Manager.

Any ideas how to fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From that page you may click to go to the detail page at https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html

Once there, scroll down to Recommended graphics cards

Is your exact Intel GPU in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean GPU Accelerated renderer on NVIDIA cards. This works on my computer. 

I mean Hardware-accelerated Encoding/Decoding (Intel Media SDK)

Please click on the link in my first post where you can read about differences between those two:

"Difference between Hardware-accelerated Decoding, Mercury Playback Engine (GPU Acceleration), and Hardware-accelerated Encoding"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

come on adobe what are we suposed to do we have been saying this for over a month https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/premiere-elements-2021-hardware-accelerated-renderi...

all the advise i get is to update my driver im a computer savy person i tried all that before i complained.

the chat is actually useless a guy was trying to tell me 4GB of RAM is more than 8GB and that system ram is not shared with the IGPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well played adobe

how long untill i cant post?

how long untill you revoke my keys?

that is an A+++ responce exactly what i wanted insdead of responding you make so no one can

Screenshot 2021-01-28 062345.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was taking yesterday to the same guy (Pradeep) for 2.5h and he basically wanted me to check if all drivers are updated. He also asked me to reset all settings which I did. Nothing helped.   The guy promised that I will be contacted by some ‘expert’ soon.

They definitively know that there is an issue here.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe

can we stop closing my case i cant tell the chat to keep it open this support really is a joke

and the aritcle is useless i already had that linked in my post and here supporing i meet all the reqirirments 
adobe stop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rtx 2080 Super which is also not supported . Please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this isnt about that this is about intel hardware encoding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the chat with the Adobe guy for 2.5h and we spent that time checking if my drivers are up to date and he rested my settings. He didn’t do any other more advanced checks. He promised that I would be contacted by some ‘senior’ support staff but it didn’t happen.

Problem is obvious and they ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i reoprted it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/adobe-premiere-elements/5f5f2094785c1f1e6cc40878

see if that gets a better resonce since my expert never called me yesterday and they closed my case for th 3rd time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can confirm 2021.1 update does not fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i reported it to the BBB since adobe wont respond to their regular support channels of their own.  

many chats and promised phone calls from experts never happened.

and my posts about it were locked to shut me up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not ues GPU-enabled encoding and doesn't claim to.

Premiere Elements 2021 has a GPU Hardware-Accelerated timeline. That's very different. Premiere Elements simply uses your graphics card to improve soft-render performance on your timeline to improve playback of certain effects and transitions. It does not use your GPU to enhance the speed of your rendering.

Granted, Adobe is a bit ambiguous about this. 

My tutorial offers more details.

BTW, this is a user to user forum. People from Adobe are rarely here. If you've got a beef with Adobe, you're venting in the wrong place. You should be writing to and working with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve come on man 3 times that I know of you are posting this false info I have pointed out the same article to atleast 2 times I really don't get what's going on with the "Adobe Community Professional's"  maybe they are in on it lol its a cover up and they forgot to remove their own support articles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree

Steve is trolling us 🙂 but nvm , keep in mind when oredring from this Adobe company in the future and vot with your wallet folks. I will never buy from this company anything and tell all my friends to avoid it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Adobe has finally responded to my bbb complaint and they say a n expert will soon contact me.

We all know this is a waste of time and they won't be able to fix it on my pc but hopefully they will see it's an actual problem and get the ball rolling to report it to the correct place but at this rate I don't have high hopes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they called me and as expected all they did was the same song and dance reinstall program delete profile reinstall uninstall reinstall driver and it didn't work as expected now I was supposed to get a call back today but didn't get any.

If only there was an actual bug report website where Adobe actually listened to use because this one and the other one they just ignore us I will keep this updated the next time something happens.

Any way the driver they said they know works on desktops is this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29957/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

So feel free to try it but it didn't work for me you may need to uninstall the current driver with ddu as the first time I installed it over the other it still showed the newer version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected

The free elements version has very poor performance and i think is by design(to buy the "professional" monthly recurring one) , call me cynical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well adobes enginerd team is working on it lol

Billycar11_1-1619087028566.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is starting to look hopeless they stoped responding to my emails any update on this adobe?

maybe it will be fixed in 2022 we will have to buy it to find out lol since it disabled in the trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pandemic going on which struck hard in India (the main residence of Elements).

Might want to give some slack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should have thought about that before releasing the broken software this is literally the reason I upgraded I had 2020 I wanted the hardware rendering for it to be faster not just to give Adobe $150

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines