• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 menus/import button do not open

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I set the program to display as "Full Screen"  the menus will not open.  The Import Media button doesn't open either.  The taskbar being set to 'hide" also seems to impact the issue.   A program that doesn't open any of the menus is well......... useless.   Setting it to "Full Screen" (so the double screen button is between the dash and the X) at least allows the menus to work.

I've seen comments on this issue back in 2020.  It's almost April 2021.    Obviously this should never happen and demonstrates a significant amount of "non-standard" programming, but shouldn't it be fixed by now????

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall your issue being mentioned here before.   Resizing the screen on my Windows 10 machine does not stop the menus from working,  Add Media works normally.   

It may be that I don't understand your question.   Would you please post a screen shot of where the issue is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, the issue occurs in Organizer.  I thought it happened in Premiere as well but now I can't duplicate it in Premeire either.

The earlier conversation about it is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/organizer-opening-bug-in-2021/td-p/11711151?page=1

Then the really, really odd thing happened when I tried to create a movie of the issue.   I used Camtasia to record my screen and audio.  If you watch it I talk about "First, here it works, now I change this setting and it doesn't work, then I change it back and it works".    Only, on the video the menus always open, even when I said they didn't.   But the menus were not appearing on my monitor.  I repeated it and the same thing happened, captured on Camtasia but I don't seem them on my monitor.  Screen capture photos with Snip n Sketch and Hypersnap 8 both did the same thing:  the menu didn't appear until the screen capture tool actually "snapped the picture" and there it was.  I've never seen software do this before.   I hope this is helpful to a software engineer and they can figure it out.   Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines