• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 System Requirements

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2014 Dell XPS 8700.  CPU is i7-4770 which if I understand correctly is a 4th generation CPU.  I'm running Windows Pro 10 10.0.19041.

The technical specs for Elements 2021 say you need Intel 6th Generation or news processor. 
https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html
Does that mean that Elements won't run on my CPU?  Or it will be so slow that I'll be hating life if I install it?  Or it just works better with a newer faster processor?

I was going to update (I see that there's a sale going on right now) - I'm running Premiere Elements 2018.  But these technical specs have given me pause.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a pretty well-powered machine. I'd give the free trial of the program a test drive and see if it runs on your CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I install the free trial and it doesn't work (I've seen the post from John T Smith but you never can tell) how much trouble is it to get back to Premiere Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are completely separate installations.

You can have several versions of Premiere Elements installed (I have PE 14 & 2021).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a very powerfull machine. CPU technologie is 7 years old.

Elements will work but wont be that snappy as it would be on a modern machine.

And all depends on what kind of footage you are going to edit.

Most common non professional cameras produce high compressed video which is cpu intensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who have replied and are helping me with this decision.

In answer to Ann Bens I'm making music videos.  None has been longer than 5 minutes.  I've had as many as 14 tracks at a time (think of multiple instruments that may only play on part of a song, up to 4 vocal parts, multiple cameras for a given voice / instrument part).  The version I have now can be very slow to render although I've learned to set the work area to be whichever part (usually say a verse or a chorus) I'm specifically working on.  The video tracks all have an audio track, although the audio is only used to sync to the master audio (created on Studio One and imported to Premiere Elements). 

My concern is that since I've already had some performance issues with the 2018 version it will be worse with the upgrade unless part of the software development effort on Adobe's part was to make their code run faster (which is unusual in my experience - software companies usually bank on newer faster hardware to make everything ok).

Sorry I've rambled on.  I realize that my computer is old but I'm trying to avoid getting a new one due to the expense.  Not sure how long I can hold off though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how long I can hold off though.

Until a major component breaks down.

Replacement will be hard to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines