• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 - Unable to paste text (copied prior to launching PE 2021) in Project title

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted this request to fix a bug a week ago and still no answer from Adobe.  

I have discovered an annoying bug in PE 2021.  If you copy a line of text (CTRL+ C) before launching PE 2021, there is nothing to paste (CTRL + V) once you launch PE 2021 and attempt to rename the new project for instance. 

Step to reproduce bug:

1. Copy to clipboard the name of a folder that you want to use as the project name
  2. Launch PE 2021
  3. File/New Project and paste the content of the clipboard to the line project “Name”

Result: nothing to paste – Need to copy folder name only once PE 2021 has been launched.

Can anyone at Adobe fix this bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although provided by Adobe, this is a user to user forum.  Your expectations of bug fixes might be a little optimistic.  But as you wrote, CTRL+ C and CTRL+V seem to work on my Windows computer when I do it the way you suggest.  Where did you submit the bug fix request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how/where to submit a bug fix. Could you advise wherefore submit?
This is definitely a bug or needed feature as no other software works like this. What is copied to the clipboard should be able to be pasted to any any applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You copy/paste after you launch elements no before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann. It's not a bug. It's how the program works. It's very unlikely it will ever be "fixed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other software works like this. What you put in the clipboard is meant to be pasted when needed. You might be OK with it working this way, but I think it's not acceptable for a paid software. Could you imagine if MS Office worked like Adobe Premiere Elements 2021?!

You copy something from Word and when you open Excel, there's nothing to paste. So you go back to Word copy again and paste in Excel already opened?  This makes no sense to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS office is designed to handle text. Premiere Elements is a video editor: not quite the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point!  You would think the handling of text clipboard would be easy to handle in 2021 by Adobe. Your response is not helpful for me to get what I consider to a be useful feature looked at by Adobe. If you have no interest in it, I understand. Unfortunately I never expected this to be a "feature".
I would really like this ability though. I understand I'm not in the right place for exposing this. I'll look for how to submit a bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines