• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 won't render work area...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The render function in premiere elements 2019 recently stopped working without any noticeable differences to my system or video files. I click render andmy default audio hardwa the video just started playing.

I upgraded to premiere elements 2021 hoping it would fix it. No dice.

I've deleted rendered files for all projects and tried changing the default audio hardware as was suggested in other threads. Still no luck. 

The last thing I tried was letting an hour long zoom video play through in it's entirety after clicking render, hoping it would actually render the timeline. It didn't. Got the same choppy, impossible to edit video.

Any idea what the problem could be?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows and exactly which operating system version?

Did you do an operating system update between working and not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 fps. Not variable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

The only update I show since my last editing session (when the render function worked properly) is the following driver update --

Intel Corporation SoftwareComponent - 2.11.100.3

The problem first emerged when attempting to edit the aformentioned Zoom recording like I've done several times before. No difference in frame rate or system.

Render doesn't function properly for ANY video I import now. It simply plays the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color is the render bar when you insert a video in the timeline.

If the render bar has no color as in yellow or red it does not need rendering hence the instant playback.

Post screenshot of timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this thread because I just started having the same problem with my Premiere Elements 2018.  When I add content to a project, the render bar is orange, as it has always been.  I uploaded the project to YouTube, and it plays fine.  Can I just ignore this failure to render?  Thanks very much, Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BlueSam 

Can you please share a small video showing the issue exactly?

Can you please also share the Premiere elements logs.txt after clicking on Render button (Path: C:\Users\<your­_machine_username> \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\19.0\logs

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines