• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 7.0 H.264 Activation

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 7 (yes, it's an old version), and I'm trying to use the H.264 encoder for the first time.  It says I need to activate it.

The web page for activation responds with a "404 error."  I chatted with Adobe support, but was told that "Photoshop Elements 7.0 is an end of life product we do not have support over chat, we have a dedicated team working on forums."  (Thanks, Adobe.)  So, is anyone out there capable of providing an Unlock Key for this feature?  I can provide my SN (blacked out above).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online support for version 7 ended a long time ago. You will not be able to activate the components on that very old program.

One solution that works for some people is to install the free trial of the 2018 version of the program. Doing this MIGHT install the necessary components to allow version 7 to work.

But there are no guarantees. Version 7 is nearly a decade old and has a number of limitations, including pretty much being limited to editing miniDV and HDV footage. (It might edit other footage, but not well.) An upgrade to at least version 11 will give you numerous benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nie zamierzam robić update. oddajcie kasę w takim razie jak nie moge używać tego za co wam zapłaciłem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted the vendor you bought your program from, tomm? I guess it depends on what their policy is on offering a refund for 11 year old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably It is not possible to refund after 11 years. I want to use my software all the time, even after reinstalled system.

Can you unlock encoder ? What a stupid policy demand to activating code many times when i want to use it?

Why you deleted page for generating / activating codec ? Many people like me was buying this software, and want to use it till the end.

Why when you want money - don't tell that is only for the few years, and then you will blocked possibility to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this is a user to user forum. We can't lock or unlock anything.

Secondly, you can use the program as long as you want. You purchased it and it is yours forever. But that doesn't mean you can re-install it on a new machine 11 years later and expect the facilities to still be in place to provide all its components.

Have you tried the solution that was suggested in this thread? It may be the only way to activate the components for this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a difference between software not working after 11 years vs. taking down the server to request an activation code.

I have an older version of Premiere Elements as well as newer ones.  After reinstalling Windows 10 after a crash, I reinstalled multiple Premiere Elements versions and tested them and found that Version 3.0 needed the access code.

I would have thought this was a simple thing, but the server was no longer available at https://www.adobe.com/motion/mpegactivation.html (gives 404 error when you try) and the original URL referenced by the software was just gone.

Now, the chances of me wanting to rebuild a disk from one of those old projects is extremely low since I do have the disk images fom those projects.  However, this is just one of those things that is annoying, especially since you generally can't load Elements projects into newer versions.  I'd have to recreate the project from scratch, using the original as a guide.

I'm also still not happy that Adobe removed Blu-Ray disk building from Elements which is why I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet.  That should at least be available as some sort of add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I think there is a difference between software not working after 11 years vs. taking down the server to request an activation code....."

This is a user forum and, as a user, your suggestion is ideal.  An issue not mentioned is licensing fees of codecs.  There are many and each has a different legal system and requirement.   So the question might be, "How long should Adobe be paying for codecs used in out of date software?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines