• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements Adjustments to Video

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to my video.  It has not had any corrections yet.  I am looking for help in fixing the exposure of this video.  I am fairly fluent in Photoshop, Lightroom techniques but clueless when it comes to Premiere Elements and how to fix this video.  Any input is welcome.

Windfarm 09 12 18 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to do to this picture to improve it?

There is a whole library of adjustments that can be made just be selecting the video on your timeline and then clicking the Adjustments button on the top right of the Toolbar.

There are also effects for lightening shadows, sharpening, reducing the effects of fog, etc.

So it all depends on what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have been thru the adjustments. Maybe you can help me with specifics like this:

I am trying to figure out how to reduce the exposure in the sky. Also apply some dehaze and/or clarity (similar to what is in LR).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements 2018 includes both a Haze Removal effect and a Shadow/Highlight effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I will dig in and try to find it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I see now why I cannot find the Haze Removal.  I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 14.  I guess I will need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your version of Photoshop is current, it wll edit clips and may do a better job of what you want.  Consider adjusting the clip in Photoshop and then using the revised clips to make the video in Premiere Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC Classic.  I didn't know that you could edit a video in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rond47513205  wrote

I have Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC Classic.  I didn't know that you could edit a video in Photoshop.

I'm learning.  I'm not sure it will do a great job making a video.  But, it appears Photoshop may be better for fine tuning single clips.  Open Photoshop and open a video clip.  Try you favorite adjustments.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try some Levels adjustment to my video clip in Photoshop.  Interesting option using PS to edit video's.  Thanks for mentioning this option.  I am looking at the Premiere Elements 2018 upgrade to see if there are enough useful enhancements to the new version to go ahead and upgrade from Premiere Elements 14 (that is what version I am on). 

I took a peak at your Vimeo Page and some of your video's.  Are you using Premiere Elements 2018 to edit your videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rond47513205  wrote

I took a peak at your Vimeo Page and some of your video's.  Are you using Premiere Elements 2018 to edit your videos?

Thanks for looking at my Vimeo account!

Almost all of the videos there have been edited in a version Premiere Elements.   The one with the most views was done in version 9.  The latest ones in version 2018.  A couple are identified as 4K "straight out of camera" and were put there so people could download and test video editing software. 

Regarding upgrading, do it only if you identify features you want or need.  The output quality does not improve.  Before you upgrade, be sure to install the free trial.  It will not do anything to what you have installed.  The versions of Premiere Elements run independently.  If you are looking for the Haze Removal tool, you can try it.  It works, but my personal feeling is that, compared to Lightroom, it is not as good.  Nor have I found a gradient tool that works like Lightroom.  It may be there, but I've not found it.

Consider waiting a month or two.  Fall is when the annual Premiere Elements upgrades are released.    I have no insider knowledge, but the 2019, based on previous schedules, should be here soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did download the 30 day trial version.  I will try it and see if there are any new features that I really need.  After finding out about PS being able to edit video I took one of my videos and applied a Levels Layer and made some adjustments to the video in PS then saved it and brought it into Elements to further modify it.  It looks much better and I don;t think I really need a De-Haze after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines