• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements - Adobe Sign in required- BUT WHY ??

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements 2018 for the past two years and yesterday after I clicked on the program a box requiring me to sign in is in the way of me using the software. Why? I can't use the product I paid for because of what? I reluctantly sign in and agree to some "new terms and conditions" and then still can't use my program. Next, I'm asked if I want to start a free 30 day trial? If anyone knows what the deal is I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're using.

If it's Windows, try this. Set your File Explorer to Show All Files and go to Users/[yourname]/AppData/Local/Adobe and change the folder named OOBE to OOBE-old, then try starting your program as an Administrator.

If that doesn't work, change the file's name back.

Or try changing these folder names.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/adobe-keeps-asking-me-to-sign-in/td-p/9944201?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Steve,

I am using windows  10. 

Adobe support helped me sort it out. Apparently, unlike other products, software is something that can later be hijacked by the company it was purchased it from. I was under the impression I owned the software outright forever but I learned that occasionally Adobe will be shaking me down for my proof of ownership. The nice lady from Adobe who helped me out said I was lucky to have registered my purchase otherwise I would have lost the ability to use the software. It was like buying a car and then the dealership I bought it from puts a parking boot on the car on a Saturday afternoon, two years after the original purchase and to add insult to injury the dealership can't be reached until Monday morning.

I'm glad they politely helped me fix things but overall being shut out of my projects over the weekend for no good reason was a very bad Adobe experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines