• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements after Final Cut Express

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have used both, does Premiere Elements pretty much match the capabilities of Final Cut Express HD? What are the pluses and minuses?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Might want to download the trial and have a go if you dont get an answer to your question.

Only thing I can tell you you cannot make dvd or BD anymore on a Mac.

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

I looked on Wikipedia for Final Cut Express.  It was discontinued by Apple in 2011.  Wikipedia also lists the features it had then.  Premiere Elements does all of the things on that list.  

As Ann suggests, download the trial.  Only you will know if it does what you need.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to download the trial and have a go if you dont get an answer to your question.

Only thing I can tell you you cannot make dvd or BD anymore on a Mac.

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked on Wikipedia for Final Cut Express.  It was discontinued by Apple in 2011.  Wikipedia also lists the features it had then.  Premiere Elements does all of the things on that list.  

As Ann suggests, download the trial.  Only you will know if it does what you need.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you both for the above responses. I'm checking out the trial version right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines