Highlighted

Premiere elements after Final Cut Express

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have used both, does Premiere Elements pretty much match the capabilities of Final Cut Express HD? What are the pluses and minuses?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by whsprague | Adobe Community Professional

I looked on Wikipedia for Final Cut Express.  It was discontinued by Apple in 2011.  Wikipedia also lists the features it had then.  Premiere Elements does all of the things on that list.  

As Ann suggests, download the trial.  Only you will know if it does what you need.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere elements after Final Cut Express

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have used both, does Premiere Elements pretty much match the capabilities of Final Cut Express HD? What are the pluses and minuses?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by whsprague | Adobe Community Professional

I looked on Wikipedia for Final Cut Express.  It was discontinued by Apple in 2011.  Wikipedia also lists the features it had then.  Premiere Elements does all of the things on that list.  

As Ann suggests, download the trial.  Only you will know if it does what you need.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to download the trial and have a go if you dont get an answer to your question.

Only thing I can tell you you cannot make dvd or BD anymore on a Mac.

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
GORDF LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both for the above responses. I'm checking out the trial version right now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0