• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements - AVCHD no audio

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 2019 and was really angry to discover this issue.  I happen to really dislike Windows 8 and 10, and I'm certainly not going to switch my OS just to author videos.  Switching video software is much easier.

My temporary workaround will be to use MediaCoder to copy out the audio from my video clips.  This is unwieldy for large projects though, so if this issue is not corrected soon I will need to find another video editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

See this earlier post in the discussion above for some suggestions regarding Dolby and Premiere Pro.

Regarding Windows 7, are you planning to continue using it past its end-of-support date less in than 10 months?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I may try uninstalling PE 2019, reinstalling PE9.0 and then installing PE 2019 again and see if there's an option to keep resources, per the last item on the list.

I suppose the ideal solution would be if someone can point out a way to install Dolby codecs on Win7 such that PE can access it.

And to your question, yes I will keep Win7 as long as possible.  No reason to spend money on new software when the old software still works, and in the case of Win7, works much better.  (I just upgraded from Quickbooks 2006 to 2019, but only because an OS update broke QB06)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian007a

Best is to post your question here: Premiere Elements

Suggestions posted by Design Tools dont apply to Pr. Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of these solutions were working for me. I found this information in an Apple forum and it was the magic bullet in my situation.

"AVCHD media (including the .MTS files contained in there) use AC3 audio tracks.

Check if you have an older A52Codec.component installed in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. Remove it as AC3/A52 codecs are build-in to macOS nowadays. After rebooting, AVCHD import should work fine again.

The third party software Perian installes [sic] this incompatible version of an AC3 codec in the components folder, so uninstalling this might have the same effect."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines