• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements Compatible With Mov-files?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have got a Nikon which makes videos only in mov-files!

Is Premiere elements compatible with the mov-files? Do I have to consider anything? Which versions from elements are not compatible with mov-files?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

An MOV isn't just a type of file. It's an envelope (like the AVI) that can be made up of any of hundreds of possible codecs. Which makes them a bit more complicated to work with.

But, yes, Premiere Elements can edit most camera and camcorder MOVs.

Though a lot depends on which Nikon you have, whether your MOV is H.264, DV or MJPEG, which operating system you're using, which version of the program you're using and if you have Quicktime installed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An MOV isn't just a type of file. It's an envelope (like the AVI) that can be made up of any of hundreds of possible codecs. Which makes them a bit more complicated to work with.

But, yes, Premiere Elements can edit most camera and camcorder MOVs.

Though a lot depends on which Nikon you have, whether your MOV is H.264, DV or MJPEG, which operating system you're using, which version of the program you're using and if you have Quicktime installed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you put a sample Nikon file on DropBox (or similar) I would be happy to try it on my Windows 10 computer using the current Premiere Elements 15.   The other way to do it is to install Premiere Elements as a free trial.   Nikon is a common brand and video from it should work well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines