• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements exported videos very erratic

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 on Windows 10, i5, 12MB RAM. Regardless of whether I export to MP4 files or directly to YouTube, I'm getting very erratic, jumpy, shaky videos. The audio seems normal but the video seems to be stuck in some high-speed loop.  If I export small sections of this video, sometimes they export properly, other times they export in this erratic format.   Example here ==> YouTube Export

Does anyone have any ideas on this? 

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen Premiere Elements do that.  Would you please list a discription of your source files and their source.  Also list your project settings and how you set them.  Last, what are your output settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill. The goal of this is only to cut some video clips from lacrosse game footage that we can use for training so Premiere Elements (PRE) may be overkill for that task.  If there's a better tool, I'm open to that. I downloaded a trial version of PRE 2021 to see if PRE 2018 was the issue but am seeing similar results so it's apparently the input files.

These files come from coaches on DVDs. In this case, I had PRE read the files from the DVD directly. They ended up as three VOB files at 720x480, 29.97 fps. Total bit rate is 9781kbps.  I set the project settings to match the DVD and did the export directly to YouTube. I tried both SD 480 and HD 720 exports.  I attached screenshots of the settings just so it's clearer.

I tried a different set of input videos with the same results ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp2VNsCcrFk&t=5s 

Any advice is great appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never tried to borrow videos from a DVD for the purpose of editing.   Your issue is (probably) caused by a mismatch between the structure of the borrowed files and Premiere Elements intended capabilities.   PrE is primarily a camera footage editor.  The huge variety of other video formats will trip up PrE.  

If it were me, I would use other software to first convert the DVD footage to a more generic, camera like video structure.  In other words, I would try to make MP4 video files that contain the H.264 codec.   Two favorite (and free) programs that should be able to do that are "VLC" and "Handbrake".   

I tried a couple of google searched including "Rip DVD Video to MP4".   I found an instruction that seems about right for what you want to do.  https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2696/how-to-rip-dvds-with-vlc/

If you can get the DVD files to a "basic" H.264 MP4 file, you should have multiple choices for simple cutting.  Premiere Elements should work well.  If not, even the video editor included inside the Windows 10 Photos program could work.   

Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill.  I have VLC but I'll give HandBrake a try first to rip the DVD and then import those. Really appreciate your time and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if it works and, if not, what does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ripping the VOB files from the DVD using Handbrake into an MP4 and then importing that MP4 into Premiere Elements has solved all the issues.  I was using the PRE import media functionality to pull the VOB files directly from the DVD into PRE but that's apparently the cause of the issues.  Ripping them separately and then importing the MP4 into PRE works great. All of the clip monitor delays and the erratic exports are now gone.  Much thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very happy that you got it to work and thanks for letting me know that it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines