Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements exporting glitch

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Hoping someone can help.  I made a slide show-type movie with mp4s, jpegs, music, etc. using PE 15.  When I completed it, I exported it as an mp4 and it saved just great.  So, I don't think I have any hardware/software issues (I have used PE for other projects and no issues, rendering, exporting, etc). 

Once I viewed the exported mp4, I found a few things I wanted to change.  I only adjusted some volume levels, trimmed clips, etc.  I did not bring any new assets into the project.  I rendered and exported.  All in all about an hour video. This time when I exported and watched the mp4 it stopped at say the 5min38 sec mark and media player said this video can't be played.   Thinking it may be the player, I checked the file properties for the mp4.  I noticed the file size of the mp4 was about 500MB when the projeted size was to be about 6GB.  So, it's like it rendered/exportedup to a point and then stopped....even though it rendered for the time it should have taken for the full movie.  In other words, rendered media for hours like it should, said it was complete, and then only about a 10th of the video works.  

I checked the timeline, etc.  and the stop point above the timeline and nothing out of the ordinary.    Now, I did take that .prel file and tried deleting everything after the 10 min mark (then did a save as) and just rendered/exported to see if it still got caught at 5:38.  It did not...the whole 10 minute project rendered and exported correctly.  

Any thoughts would be great and much appreciated as to why this happened with the full .prel file and what I can do to prevent cutting it up into segments.

Thanks in advance! 

Pete 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space is on your hard drive(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  Id all rendered/preview files and it processed correctly.   Seems like because I rendered, then made a few quick edits and didn't render again before exporting, it caused the glitch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not need to render before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines