Highlighted

Premiere Elements for Mac Doesn't See External DVD Drive

New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 15 for Mac.  The new macbooks don't have an internal DVD drive.  When I try importing video from an external drive Element doesn't even see the drive.  Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements for Mac Doesn't See External DVD Drive

New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 15 for Mac.  The new macbooks don't have an internal DVD drive.  When I try importing video from an external drive Element doesn't even see the drive.  Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true.

The only option it output your DVD as an ISO file and then use a the Mac operating system to burn the ISO as a DVD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve, but I need to double-check the answer because I almost can't believe it.  So, in other words, even though other video editing programs (I.e., iMove) will see an external DVD drive, Adobe Premiere Elements doesn't have that capability?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't your initial post imply that it doesn't?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I was simply asking a question.  I had been expecting an answer from an expert, not sarcasm.

Thanks a bunch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk. But I did answer your question before you asked it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0