• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements...freezing and freezing and freezing

New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally purchased premiere elements, having used FCP (on other macs) I wanted something to do quick editing that isn't Imovie...

It has been freezing constantly since I installed. Super frustrated and about to ask for my money back from B&H.

Mac OS 10.13.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user based help forum.  If one purchases the current version, Premiere Elements 2018, they have access to online "chat help" from Adobe tech support.  They are very good at installation and system issues.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just on chat with them and remote. They

told me despite spec requirements, more memory is actually needed. I'm

very unhappy with Adobe...I feel misled and that they lied and want my $$

back.

Stacy Schoolfield

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. I was told that I had the system requirements but it actually "needs

more."

Nice work Adobe.

Stacy Schoolfield

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:41 AM, nicolasf70480657 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm a PCer but would like to help a MACer on this, and maybe someone familiar with both can 'translate' into MAC:

In PCs there's this 'Task Master' that shows what-all programs & process are running, how-much processing they're using and their priority.  I don't know the MAC equivalent of this, but suspect there is such.  And running this Task Master while editing in Pre4miere will show you what other processes/programs are active and how-much processing they're using, and it'll show Premiere's 'priority' (pecking order) for processor resources.

Having sufficient system requirements recommended (PC or MAC) still requires that: 1) Premiere run as 1st-priority in the processing power pecking order, that there aren't a bunch of other processes/programs running simultaneously using-up a lot of the processing power Premiere needs (while you're trying to edit in Premiere).

As an example:  my Internet Explorer, when running, absolutely 'runs-away' using gobs of processing power, so-much so that my E-mail typing freezes.  So I try and be sure very little is 'running' when I have Premiere open for editing.  Plus in the Task Master, I can re-set Premiere to 'high priority' manually to help its 'pecking order' 1st.

Hope this 'parallel PC world' suggestion can shed some light on how you can help prevent 'freeze-up' in your MAC.  Goof hunting,

W1nf1eld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines