• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements Freezing

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freshly installed 2020 version, and the moment a .mov is inserted to the timeline the program freezes. Works with all other formats, and the .mov plays otherwise in any media player installed. Cannot find a path so far to stop the freeze.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RCWJ,

On a Macintosh, you should not have a problem with a .mov file. Howeve, you might using a Windows PC. What kind of computer are you using?

Thanks, Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Windows computer. In all prior versions I have had no issue with the .mov format. The files play fine in all players installed. And they will load to the timeline, then promptly freeze the program. Not a hard lock, just frozen. The error is shown as  "Low level exception mpeg importer". I`d love to use the newer program for it`s improved features, but without a solution/update I may have to toss it into the ocean.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue.  Imported HEVC video loads, but preview screen goes black with any attempt to scroll through or play the video.  When the preview locks up the entire program becomes sluggish and remains so until manually shutting down the background process in task manager (otherwise background process keeps running even when the window is no longer visible).  Do you have MediaInfo?  You can use that to at least see the codec embedded within the .mov.  It's usually the video stream codec itself rather than the file container that causes problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines