• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements keeps crashing, I can't even create a project

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 iMac and pretty much all adobe products are making it crash since the Big Sur update and premiere is the absoulte worst. I can't even get a project started without it crashing. I have posted on the forum several times and they direct me to other posts saying these answers should solve your problem and the suggestions do not make anything better. I've done every fix reccomended and shared my screen with adobe tech support to figure out the issue and still nothing. I am tired of this. My computer is now basically useless. Adobe used to be the trusted option and now it's terrible. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any other posts from you on the Premiere Elements forum.

What can we help you with?

Are you looking for a refund on the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe going to fix the Big Sur compatibilty issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir,

Thank you for allowing us to share our situation here when it comes to Adobe software,  I just downloaded a new version of Adobe premier elements 2021. Im using HP laptop year 2017, Window 10. I downloaded the software with no problem both Adobe premiere elements and photoshop 2021. Now, when i tried the software first situation i encountered was I wasnt able to import videos from my samsung s21 plus which i tried my  window editing software before and it works great. Not only that I cant import video, the color of the video imported from my canon m50 mirrorless turns green and pink then it started freezing for a 7 mins .video clip. I felt so messirable having  all the problem of this new edition software. Im hoping for your reply. best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rachelyn,

In order to avoid forum confusion, would you please start a new topic.  If possible, include details of the phone and camera footage.   For the odd colors, include anything you can about your computer, graphics card and graphics driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't write which version you have.  If it is the current version, it should work fine.  If not, something in your computer needs fixing.  If it is an older version, it will not.   If you have the newest 2021 version of Adobe Premiere Elements, and it does not work.  My assumption would be that Apple support is necessary.   

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>crash since the Big Sur update

Since you do not say you had problems before BS, the Apple update looks to be the problem

SOME Adobe programs are compatible with Apple's BS, but they may have issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

I do NOT know if these revert to older links will work with BS
https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think Adobe is going to fix the BS compatabilty issue? 

My programs ran decent enought to work on with some freezing in the past, but never this constant crashing issue that I have now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you think Adobe is going to fix the BS compatabilty issue? "

They did fix it.  If you check the link I posted, Adobe certifies that version 2021 works.   Your question should be "Do you think Apple will fix compatibility issues?"   A review of various internet postings suggests there are more programs than older versions of Premiere Elements that didn't work with Big Sur!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines