• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements low-level exception in: Import JPEG

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Premiere Elements 15 on Windows 64bit machine.

I am unable to import any media into a new project.

I am getting the following error:

I tried dragging and dropping and also accessing through the folder and same issue. I edited all photos in Photoshop CC 2017. They are all RGB and 8 bits.

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks very much.

Alison

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to say.  I've not seen this one.  I might try something besides RGB.  Could you share one of your image files on DropBox or similar?  Maybe I can figure something out.

Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill. I actually just changed them to .png and they have imported perfectly so I'll not worry too much about it now. Bit odd though.

Kind regards

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alison,

I agree that it is a bit odd.  I had version 15 on my machine for a couple years and never had trouble with any photo files, including full sized RAWs. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisonc66985017  wrote

Thanks Bill. I actually just changed them to .png and they have imported perfectly so I'll not worry too much about it now. Bit odd though.

Kind regards

Alison

Some jpegs from FaceBook or Whattsap don't import in various Adobe editors. The reason is that those editors don't consider some entries in the metadata section of the jpegs as 'standard'. The known workaround is to open the files in any of the currently available free editors (those don't bother about metadata standards) and to resave them from the same editor. Saving as PNG does not save metadata... There, free programs like FastStone or Irfanview can be handy to batch open/resave those files in jpeg or PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had originally edited all of the images in Photoshop CC and saved them as .jpg. Not sure what I did wrong but I re-saved them all in Photoshop yesterday as .jpg again and then they imported perfectly into premiere elements. Obviously something I did in the original save added some metadata that PE didn't like.

Thanks for your advice.

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines