• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements not exporting correctly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - i've tried exporting a video from prem elements a few times. Directly to Youtube at first twice, with no luck.

i've now exported it to my computer and it's fine for 4 minutes and then it cuts out. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to fix this please?

thanks 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what's causing it. Yours is not a chronic issue or one that I've experienced.

Which version of the program are you running on what operating system?

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free space is left on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder or recording device is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? How long is your movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's prem elements 15, Windows 10

i have an intel core i5 7200u cpu @ 2.50ghz 2.70 ghz

8gb ram

i have 4.4 gb free of hard drive.

i have shot on a canon 1300d. i think resolution is 1080 etc

movie is 25 minutes approx

i have also put in a bunch of other videos and images i downloaded off the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime 4.4 gig of free space on a hard drive is not enough for the program to read and write video files with.

I never let me hard drive space get lower than 50-60 gigs free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds familiar .... and then there's a couple people on here that swear they've never had an issue. maybe the software was written sepcifically for their computer haha 🙂

im having tons of issues with export as well.. haven't found a solution yet... wondering if i should get a refund and then try out davinci resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having that many issues with Premiere Elements, it may well be worth exploring other options. And DaVinci Resolve is a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really a response i should be getting from an adobe community professional i dont think. while im trying to get this to work, you haven't provided much of any solutions other than trying a different product? i believe my computer is plenty capable to handle the software and i'm not sure why it's locking up. 

i'm obiously not the only person having the issue with this software. you just open this premiere elements page and can easily find half a dozen others. and there's sure to be more that havent opened a thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pirep,

"Adobe community professionals" are volunteers that, for a variety of personal reasons, enjoy helping other people.  They are not paid or employed by Adobe.  Usually they are granted the "ACP" badge after showing a habbit in these forums of being helpful.  We do get complementary software.  

One hard part of this forum is helping with questions like yours.  Premiere Elements is mass market software.  The "masses" of users making videos with consumer cameras get along well.  As I'm sure you know, there will always be a few with anomolies.  With software that works most of the time for most of the users, the crash or lockup "problems" are usually unique to the source of the video, third party drivers, preference choices, disk problems and hardware anomolies.  

A good place to start is to assume the mass market software, after a decade plus of use, is pretty stable.  Then start looking for solutions in your machine. 

And one last thing, anger and insults do not encourage responce from volunteers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not expressing any anger towards anyone. just pointing out my observations and experiences. im trying to understand and solve the issue is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"im trying to understand and solve the issue is all."

Then lets go back to the "i have 4.4 gb free of hard drive."

Any video editor needs a lot of temporary work space to do its work.  4.4 GB is not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not the one who stated i have 4.4gb of free hard drive. i believe it was the other user.

i have plenty of hard drives and solid state drivers with well over 100gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pirep,

I'm lost in the various embedded posts.  Can you start a new topic or something to get back on track?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"this is my original post"

That conversation paused when you stopped providing the information the two people trying to help asked for.  Both have years here figuring things like this out.  They can't guess without real information.  They will drill down through project settings, output settings, file contents and more.   They have found damaged clip, balky transitions, odd audio and lots more.   Give them what they need!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines