• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements or Premiere Rush?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photos and video clips and music to create travel videos and am looking to upgrade from the free editor I have been using.  I am no expert at video editing and would like to be able to create something interesting to look at without having to study long and hard to get there.

It sounds like both these programs can accomplish it but which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you,

Sharon

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Rush is new to Adobe's video editing group.  It is designed around the idea that your video will start with a phone or tablet.  You shoot with it and do the initial editing.  Through the cloud servers, the projects will link to your other devices and your computer for further work.  Additionally, Rush projects can be imported into Premiere Pro for the highest level of editing.  In other words, Rush is targeted at those "rushing" a video to YouTube and then polishing it for replacement later.   It costs $10 per month.

Premiere Elements is a traditional computer based editing system.   You transfer you camera photo and video files to your computer and import them into a project.  As a traditional editor, more tools are available.   Music tracks are a strong point.   One time cost is $100 but on sale a couple times a year for around $65.   

I use Premiere Elements because it is more flexible with more options.   When I've tried Rush, the link from phone to computer is very slow.   With Rush if you want more effects, transitions and controls you ultimately need to open the project in Premiere Pro.  If your projects include Lightroom processed photos, there is a work flow with Premiere Elements to accommodate RAW photo files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the Premiere Elements fan list also.

Rush, as Bill says, was designed primarily to work across platforms -- so you could start editing on your phone, then move to your computer, etc. You can even open Rush projects in Premiere Pro if you find it's too limiting.

But Premiere Elements is a full featured consumer editor. If you really want to EDIT (as opposed to just throw video together) it's probably more like what you're looking for. But download the free trials of each and test drive them before you make a final decision. (Or check out my free Basic Training tutorials for each on YouTube.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! That helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines