• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements Project Issue - Setting Maximum Video Length is NOT OBVIOUS!! [Solved]

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I'm having an extremely frustrating experience, and I could really, really use some help. I relentlessly worked on a new project an entire night and Adobe has all the editing functions I required which would have left me extremely happy with the new experience--except one. How in heaven's name do I set a maximum video length on the timeline?!? I figured it would be these two "keystones", which I've also seen in the various tutorial videos, but for some reason Adobe Elements seems damned intent on ignoring them. It keeps wanting to export a 45 minute video for a 90 second clip and there are no clips drifting around on the back-end of the timeline!

It's ludicrous. It's incredulous. It makes me want to throw something at a wall, that this issue should be so perplexing to a new user...I'm sure it's something simple but I eagerly await a response.

Sincerely,

Blitzburns4

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

That's one solution.

The other is to locate the stray frame or frames of video out on your timeline that are making the program think your video is longer than it is.

You can do this by fitting the project length to your timeline (pressing \) and then dragging to select frames that are out in the blank area beyond the end of your movie and pressing the Delete button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I found a solution

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/exporting-only-finished-timeline-edit/m-p/8967970

For those that need guidance, you need to do the following steps:

1. Set the "Keystones" around the length of the video you want to export. PICTURE

2. Press the "\" key above Enter, then see if there are any loose clips hanging around. Even if you don't see any, drag your mouse and highlight the entire timeline to see if anything is selected, and delete it. PICTURE

3. Press "Export and Share" at the Top Right PICTURE

4. Press "Devices" Tab PICTURE

5. Select "Share Workbar areas only" PICTURE

Feel so much better. I actually like this program a lot guys I promise.

The Best,

Blitzburns4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one solution.

The other is to locate the stray frame or frames of video out on your timeline that are making the program think your video is longer than it is.

You can do this by fitting the project length to your timeline (pressing \) and then dragging to select frames that are out in the blank area beyond the end of your movie and pressing the Delete button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your reply! I've seen you around a lot of the replies asking for help and we appreciate that there is an ear listening to our problems...I'm sure that I'll be back here asking something else silly before long. Wish you the best and I hope you have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines