• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements Startup issues

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re downloaded Premiere Elements 2020 for my MAC running Catalonia 10,15.7. I cleaned every thing out that i could find that was related to Elements.

The Photo Editor is fine but the Video Editor will not open.  The rainbow wheel spins then stops.

Any ideas as customer service has huge response times

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your Mac system configurations. (Mac model & Year/RAM/CPU)

Try by deleting the preference file before launching the app

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/19.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

Also share the screenshot of what you see on screen at the time of hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes have a similar problem using Windows 10 on a PC. I use Ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to the Task Manager. I scroll down till I see the Premiere icon and End the Task. After that, I launch Premiere again and it will work. I don't have a Mac, but I think their Task Manager is just called Activity Monitor. Not sure how you pull it up. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the preference file before launching the app on Windows

%appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\19.0\Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I type the text to remove the preference file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the preference file. It will be recreated on next launch.

select the file and press Delete button to remove the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy first they tell me the program is out of date and will no longer work. I bought in January 27th this year.

Next they tell me to buy the latest version. 

Then it is download again so I did - same isssues. Now they are asking me to remove the preferences file with no instructions as to how I find it on my brand new Mac.

I actually need someone who knows what they are doing to help me resolve this issue.

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2020 works on Catalina. Though a new version has been released recently but this version should also work perfectly.

I have earlier shared the steps to remove preferences file on Mac to see if it launches. The recent comment was for Windows.

Deleting the preference file at below location before launching the app

Remove 'Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs' file from 

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/19.0

You can Use "Go > Go to Folder" command and type this location to open this folder.

Please also share your Mac system configurations. (Mac model & Year/RAM/CPU)

Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac is one year old.1.6 GHz Dual-intel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year old Desk top Mac 3.1 ghz proccesor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything you asked me to do it will still not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you tell me it no longer works. Then you say it does work. Then you say i should but a new version. Then I uninstalled, use Go to to go to folder deleted everything. It is not the computer because I have the exact same issue on my laptop. 

please put me in touch with some who can actually help. This day three of your nonsense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I then used the uninstalled. Removed presences but still won't load  when I reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make too many mistakes typing on my 1 pad. I have two computers with the same issue. I have followed all the instructions. I used the Go folder and typed in what you asked me to. I emptied that folder and I also used the uninstall tool. 

I have emptied my trash. 

I again downloaded Permier Elements 2020 from  my Adobe account.,same issue - will not load. I am very frustrated.

what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This what my desktop looks like when i attemot to laod up.  it stays like that for about a minute.  Then it stops. Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 1.16.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what happens to me on a PC.

The Mac equivalent for Task Manager is Activity Monitor. Open a window and search for Activity Monitor. When it's open, click Network in the bottom menu, select Adobe Premiere, and click the Quit Process button and then Force Quit when prompted in a popup window. Then try opening Premiere again. It works for me the 2nd time I try to open Premiere on the occassions that it stalls the first time around. I don't really know why it stalls at all.

Another thing that I started doing is bypassing that home screen and opening Premiere directly. I haven't really had the stalling issue since doing that.

On a PC, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2020\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Pin that or make a short cut for that file to open directly in Premiere. I don't know the Mac file architecture, but look for the PremiereElementsEditor.exe file in your director and try getting into the software without using that Home screen. You will need to go to Activity Monitor and quit process before doing this.

Sorry if none of this is works out for you. Hopefully a PC person can use this info at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that but no joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i avoid the home screen because when i click on the icons the home screen appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error on windows. Opened Ransomware protection and added the program to be excluded.

Have no idea how this works on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to run a search for PremiereElementsEditor.exe in your filesystem. Double clicking that file will open directly in the Premiere workstation.

I'm not sure where that will be stored on a Mac. Maybe something like this: Computer>Macintosh HD>Applications>Adobe Premiere Elements 2020>PremiereElementsEditor.exe

I can't be sure. Use the search bar in the top right of your documents window.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines